Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Ashiok
Dem the Dragophile
Rodrigo
Legend Zero
Kira
Ruby
10 posters

Dragonic Kaiser, Vermillion

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Dragonic Kaiser, Vermillion - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonic Kaiser, Vermillion

Post by Johnny Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm gonna c/p a post from a friend of mine on Pojo, because he sums it up quite nicely.

Kitsune Blue wrote:Somewhat OP, I really dislike the ruling that says Interceptors can't be used in response to it, but there's really nothing that can be done about it.

On the plus side, the deck as a whole can't reliably counterblast after using this skill again (CB 1 for their G0's searching for G3's), then CB 3 means 4 CB'd damage, preventing you from doing most good things (Like Narukami's Berzerk Dragon).

Compare this to Gold Paladin's +5k attackers or Superior Ride + Another free Rear Guard (Lion's Skill) and it almost balances out, since Vermillion is REALLY easy to guard and a pretty awful Vanguard in general once his CB has been used.

He reminds me of an easier to use Full Moon, really. Full Moon's CB does something similar, in that it's a +2 in raw CA (Just like Vermillion's, assuming it retires the front two Rear Guards), but aside from that, it's a one-hit trick.

tl;dr It looks pretty broken, but I suspect it won't be quite so awful in practice, at least not until Narukami get a 9k or 10k booster. I'd still rank Kagero, on the whole, higher than Narukami.

/copy-pasta.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:15 pm

so he's saying vermillion is mediocre

thisguysretarded.jpeg
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 0

Post by Ice Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 pm

It's skill would probably hurt, though, and then after that it's a sitting 11k presence. Still seems pretty good. But idk, I haven't actually played against it so what do I know.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Queen wrote:so he's saying vermillion is mediocre

thisguysretarded.jpeg

It is true.

From my playthroughs, I can't even be arsed to use Dragonic Deadscythe, which is supposed to help murder the 8K boosters. =/

In the English Meta, Vermillion is WTF-tier. In Japanese Meta, not so much. It's still Cross-Ride >>>> everything.

Not to mention Counter Blasting 3 /does/ take a lot out of your limited range of Counter Blasts. The Bellicosity Dragon clone has yet to be up though, and the whole clan hasn't been revealed yet, so Vermillion's just 'there' until we know what the rest of Narukami do.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 pm

I agree with it being mediocre. Honestly there are plenty of better VGs out there when it comes to threatening presence that are also easier to bring out and easier to fuel without hurting the rest of the deck.

If anything, it just begs to be Dragonic Overlord, albeit they both have different pros and cons.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Imo this was incredibly overrated. I've only come up against it's CB once, and I just blocked for my vanguard and all was swell the next turn.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Legend Zero Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 pm

tbh, one of its greatest strengths is that the Narukami units are all meh. Well, thinking about it logically its not that bad.

Can/Should take out 2 G2 RGs. People normally run around 12 G2s, so, including the one in the Soul, that leaves 9 G2s and that is only best case. (Damage/Soul Charge/ect) Also, making the opponent commit more to the board is nice, especially against a normally 11k Vanguard.

But no one in their right mind should think this competes with any Overlord.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 pm

I think it's good from the times I've used it's Limit Break. Even if opp nulls, I still wipe out front row Rears. |:
    If not, they'll just burn their hand out guarding all units.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 am

This is more of a unit you'd ride for the Final Turn of the game, just to effectively seal any chance at Intercepting. Meanwhile Thunder Break Dragon should be the main Vanguard in Narukami, swinging with 21-23K multiple times in a row tends to get tiring for your opponent's hand.

So all in all, Vermillion's not a unit you'd ride in the long-run of the game, but a unit you ride during the Final Turn to make sure you seal Intercepts off completely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am