[Hearthstone] Hunter for when they kill the bird

Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

[Hearthstone] Hunter for when they kill the bird

Post by Ashiok on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 am

Seriously, Blizzard's are arseholes for what they're going to do to Buzzard, but I guess there's no reason for me to get overworked from it. I still haven't found a single deck with the same charm as Hunter, for me, and while my biggest draw to the deck (and Hearthstone in general) was the Buzzards+Hounds combo, I still like him more than any other option. The deck loses its only draw engine, but a lot of games would be won off the back of a Houndmaster in stead anyway.

As an aside, for what it's worth, if Blizzard wants to but a damper on Hunter either up Houndmaster to 5 mana or make it give +1/+1 and Taunt. Both of these options still leave it as a fine card, but not unplayable and doesn't seem like an attempt to remove one character from the game entirely.

0:
    2 Hunter's Mark

1:
    2 Webspinner
    2 Tracking
    1 Timber Wolf
    1 Flare

2:
    2 Haunted Creeper
    2 Mad Scientist
    2 Explosive Trap
    1 Freezing Trap

3:
    2 Animal Companion
    2 Eaglehorn Bow
    2 Kill Command
    2 Unleash the Hounds
    1 Deadly Shot

4:
    2 Houndmaster

5:
    1 Loatheb

6:
    2 Savannah Highmane

7:
    1 Gladiator's Longbow

The Longbow and Deadly Shot are the current "replacements" for Buzzard. However, the last consideration is also Stranglethorn Tiger which could definitely be better than both.

"It's easy to believe you're a god when you're twice as powerful as everyone else."
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 5

Re: [Hearthstone] Hunter for when they kill the bird

Post by Lequier on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:21 am

I've really been enjoying Undertaker in this since your turn 2 play generally consists of either putting down Creeper or Scientist, thoughts?

Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 am

I, unfortunately, haven't played Hearthstone at all since the changes. I need to get around to that. I know a more aggressive Undertaker version of the deck was lurking around at one point and I see the appeal but I still prefer the generally bigger version that spends the early turns getting in Steady Shots. Could be wrong though, and I'll test both versions when I play again.

"It's easy to believe you're a god when you're twice as powerful as everyone else."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:51 am