Hornet Nest

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Hornet Nest

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 am

So, new spoiler. But also an interesting discussion for discussions sake.

People over at Salvation have been getting into a little debate and I'd like to hear your guy's thoughts on it.

To what level do you think Flying is a part of, or not a part of Greens color pie in rare situations? 

(Also, card looks nice and I love the flavor.)

.Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Re: Hornet Nest

Post by .Rai on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:32 am

Bit weird to see it in a core set since core sets set precedent, but sure. Yeah, flying is a green thing, just absolutely in rarity. MaRo says that this is closer to what he considers acceptable use of flying in green so it should be fine.

Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 am

I never really knew there was an argument against it until now. It seemed to make a kinda of obvious sense when dealing with the rare Green Insect. 

Because I'm finding this Color Pie discussion quite interesting, what other kinda abilities can you give other colors that wouldn't make sense without the rare flavor kinda card?

.Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:23 am

White gets conditional hexproof (Angelic Overseer) and conditional reach (Hundred-Handed One) at times. White gets player hexproof and hexproof for noncreature permanents, but that's standard stuff. Both Polukranos and Garruk have bleed in that Green doesn't get direct damage, but it was justified as these were basically fancy variants of fight.

Often depends on plane. New Phyrexia, every colour got a little bit of black in their colour pie. Innistrad, red and green got traditional mill which doesn't happen otherwise.

Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 am

Interesting. I really like the idea of what kinda of flavor can cause certain abilities to bleed into certain colors. 

I feel some Card Making Brainstorming coming on soon Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm