Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Dae of Judgment
Jordan, Lich Lord
Armz
Luna Ori
8 posters

CGC TCG Tri-annual Tournament: Your thoughts?

Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 3

CGC TCG Tri-annual Tournament: Your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: CGC TCG Tri-annual Tournament: Your thoughts?

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Sounds pretty cool, but I especially liked the idea of deck primers. Can we somehow expand that?
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

CGC TCG Tri-annual Tournament: Your thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: CGC TCG Tri-annual Tournament: Your thoughts?

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Fox Goddess Yukki wrote:Sounds pretty cool, but I especially liked the idea of deck primers. Can we somehow expand that?
    Of course we can, I have no problem.

Well, a deck is the synergy of cards together to work toward a game plan to win the game. To work on that, it is the idea to understanding the components of decks and how they can be used to achieve that goal of winning a game. It is how to make the deck in the best way possible to achieve that idea. Every deck is going to be different from next and do things their own way.

What I was thinking when I brought up the idea of Deck Primers or Tutor Havens, random names, it is to allow people to be opened to the decks that exist on all different levels in several metas. Maybe even introduce a deck to the meta.

A basic idea I have in mind is:

• What is the Deck
    • How the Deck works
    • Deck core
    • Card Choices
    • Tournament Decklists
    • Match up Analysis

This pretty much idea the basic concept of what I thought a primer could introduce about the deck. Explain what the deck is, how it works, the core of the deck, choices of the cards that help the deck reach its goal, some top decklists that reached or placed in top ranking tournaments, match up analysis against the rest of the meta.

In Cardfight!! Vanguard, there are decks such as Dark Paladins, Pale Moon, Nova Grapplers. Each have a basic gameplan to how they work and they also each work differently, but still provide the needed accesories to win or reach their goal. What a Primer should do is elaborate on why they do it and how they do it.

Both YGO and MtG have a side [deck]/[board] that is made to help gain advantages against other decks that appear in the meta after a certain game. These are specific cards that work to help strengthen chances of winning. It also peels into the Match up Analysis, on a player should take on the specific game and what would help them to win against that deck. It also helps people suspect what might appear so that they can be prepared.

It is just to help people be introduced to the game under a specific deck, to rain curiosity and maybe intruige the person to get more involved in that game or use a specific deck. Even give a person more information of the decks that exist so that a player could attempt to brew him or herself a list that is good against a certain deck
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:09 pm

..............................I mean

I know what a deck primer is

I can even make one

I meant expanding the idea in the way of getting to make them etc. xD
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Fox Goddess Yukki wrote:..............................I mean

I know what a deck primer is

I can even make one

I meant expanding the idea in the way of getting to make them etc. xD
    Oh, well, that would be more to the person who makes them. Someone could probably just start one, like you said, you could make one. I really don't know how to push forward the way of getting to make them. Maybe a person who has enough experience with the deck, or maybe even a brew. That would be more up to the Admin or mods deciding if they want people put them up and who gets to.
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm talking about this with Rodrigo at this moment, so we'll see how it goes. I was thinking making a subforum would be nice, but if it turns out to be redunant, just some stickies in the deck sections. Anyways, I can make one for standard Monoblack Devotion.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Fox Goddess Yukki wrote:I'm talking about this with Rodrigo at this moment, so we'll see how it goes. I was thinking making a subforum would be nice, but if it turns out to be redunant, just some stickies in the deck sections. Anyways, I can make one for standard Monoblack Devotion.

I could do one for Affinity, Merfolk, Zoo, Twin and Eggs in Modern, but I think some should do a mock-up. Rai posted a mock-up primer here for a Birthday Gift for Roddy once.

The areas of where is should posted, would be the deck forums. The successful ones should be stickied. Would too many subforums be kind of clunky, though, since this is a forum based on all card games?

Last edited by Dae of Judgment on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Well, assuming we want this forum to grow, a "Primer" subforum would be nice for newcomers, if they looked for some good introductions. I don't think it would be THIS clunky since we have only deck subforums in the TCG sections now.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I understand. With too many primers and items, they would get lost in the vast abyss of Decklists. A subforum would be a nicer way of including that, and not many of them would be there.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

I can pretty much do primers for just about every relevant standard deck right now during the holidays when I have time, for what it's worth. Unlikely I'll want to do all of them, though.
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 pm

I can write:
    Monoblack Devotion
    Colossal Gruul

And from less tier 1 decks:
    Maze's End
    W/x Heroic
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 pm

I can pretty much do one for every deck, take off a few tier 2 and brews in Modern. Just those 5 are the ones I have the best tournament knowledge with. I could even do some on my brews.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm

A subforum will be made. First only for MtG.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Mirai wrote:A subforum will be made. First only for MtG.
    Fair enough. Frankly, what would happen to the rotating primers? Most Standard and YGO primers would rotate, so what would happen to those?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm

They will be stored on an archive :3
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Cool beans. +1.

Well, okay.

We have primers down as an idea to raise activity.

Do we have a clear idea on the tournaments that could exist here?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Primers section made.

It's kinda hiden though. Do you want it to appear on the main page, guys?
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Yep, seems legit. Make it a different subforum, not under decks, at least for now. Can we make reservation threads already?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 pm

There we go.

Go ahead and make reservation threads :3
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Now we're talking \(^.^)/
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Yukki, I love your signature.

That aside, adding a tournament-based subforum is pretty neat. Mostly because it can also double as a custom format discussion area, in the event people want to discuss their own ideas like that.
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 pm

I set it like half a year ago and still didn't change. Hai Armz btw, Klav here Razz

Yeah, a tournament subforum for each TCG seems good.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I'd join a YGO tournament.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm sure we'd all like to know if something is developing from this.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes I very much would like to hear anything Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:48 pm

On the works.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am