Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Luna Ori
Ruby
Ashiok
Kira
Shard
9 posters

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me."

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me." Empty "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me."

Post by Shard Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 am

Discuss this statement, I think it's an utter lie and it should be the other way around. Few years back, a cousin of mine scared me pretty bad, and It's still not gone, albiet my active imagination and refusal to just relax probably don't help it at all. Anyway discuss
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me." Empty Re: "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me."

Post by Kira Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 am

It's not really a saying. More of a mantra for people so they can get over the pain of what people say. That's my take.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me." Empty Re: "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words can never hurt me."

Post by Ashiok Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 am

Words never mean as much until they're projected towards you. Then you feel their bitter sting.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 am

I guess. Then again this probably isn't the right saying for this, although I would say Fear is one of the worst emotions if you can't control it at all. If you have a fear of spiders, you stay away from spiders. I have a fear of the unknown, how in the holiest of hecks am I supposed to stop that? It's annoying ._. tbh I needed some advice.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 am

I hate this saying so. f******. much. I have the mentality of an eight year old, so words can hurt me pretty easily. This saying is a lie because words can cut deep into your heart and make you cry.

I have done that a few times, tbh.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Rep : 7

Post by Luna Ori Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I once gave someone a papercut.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

I think in some cases, i would prefer the broken bones than the the words.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Just a way for kids to try and go up strong, giving them reasons to be strong, and more rapable.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Actions speak louder than words, but words hurt more than actions.
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 16

Post by HSektor Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 pm

"The pen is mightier than the sword"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm