Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer Empty My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer

Post by Rodrigo Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:46 am

Oh, how much I wanted it was Modern legal.

My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer 101
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer Empty Re: My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer

Post by .Rai Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Happy birthday!

The bane of my life, but pfffffffffttttttttt. Surprisingly though, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cause much trouble in Modern. It would be a weird experiment.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer Empty Re: My birthday, so we talk about Maelstrom Wanderer

Post by Rodrigo Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks c:

Well, it wouldn't be too powerful in Modern indeed. It'd be very fun in that Amulet of Vigor deck.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:02 pm

It wouldn't do anything in modern.

Too slow and not powerful enough compared to everything else going on in the format. If you want to ramp to 8 mana, I'm sure others are glad to smash you in with RG aggro, Auras, Pod Combos, Splinter Twin combos, Tron which ramps faster. Scapeshift also would kill faster.

It would only see casual modern play. But this was obvious.

It's honestly one of the least fun commanders to play against but probably one of the more fun ones to play with. My resentment may come from the constant infinite combos that you played in your deck though, especially when I tend to be one of the few players who actually plays anything to deal with such combos and I've been shying away from decks that can do that recently for more fun decks.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:17 pm

I've stopped with the infinite combos lately online, because IRL everyone does those anyway. Wanderer is hardly boring to play against otherwise IMO. It's an explosive ramp deck generally. Boring decks to play against are stax, I think.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Happy Birthday Smile
    Very good General.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:16 am