Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide.

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide. Empty Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide.

Post by Shard Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:20 pm

So, this build I think is almost there. I can't think of anything else to change personally, so I need to ask here.

Grade 0
    1 Bermuda Triangle Cadet Shizuku
    4 Drive Quartet Shuplu
    2 Comical Rainie
    4 Drive Quartet Bubblin
    2 Cooking Caspi
    4 Drive Quartet Flows

Grade 1 - 14
    4 Mermaid Idol Sedna
    4 Pearl Sisters, Perle
    4 Mermaid Idol, Erie
    2 Navy Dolphin Amur

Grade 2 - 11
    4 Girls Rock, Rio
    4 Pearl Sisters, Perla
    3 Intelli Idol Melville

Grade 3 - 8
    4 Bermuda Princess, Lena
    3 Rainbow Light, Carine
    1 Top Idol, Flores

Index
    1: Clan overview
    2: Build Explaination
    2a: Grade 0
    2b: Grade 1
    2c: Grade 2
    2d: Grade 3
    3 How to play...
    3a: With
    3b: Against
    3c: Matchup Info[IN WORK!!]

1: Clan Overview
    Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide. 300px-Rena

Bermuda Triangle, sometimes abbrivated as BT, first appeared in BT02: Onslaught of Dragon Souls, however they only recieved a whole 4 Cards of support, it wouldn't be until EB02: Banquet of Divas came out that they would get a full set of triggers, and the rest of the units crucial to the clan. Bermuda Triangle are one of the two clans from Magallancia, along with Granblue. They have one unique type to themselves, which all members of the clan are: Mermaid. They are based on Idols and obviously, Mermaids. Much like Oracle Think Tank, they do not focus on attack power, but rather returning your own Bermuda Triangle Rear-Guards to your hand to activate their abilities again. In the anime, they are played by Emi. They where also the first clan to get a Booster Pack just for themselves. In the anime, in the first ending to Season 2, the viewer is seen shuffling a Bermuda Triangle deck.

2: Buld Explaination

Well, just the Lena build. There are several different builds, but I personally think the Lena build works the best, so that's what I will be covering in this guide. The build focuses on two things: Bouncing rear-guards, and increasing your hand to the point where your opponent will not be able to win the game.

2a: Grade 0

Woah, what? I'm covering G0?! Yes. Bermuda Triangle have 3 Starting vanguards. I'll do my best to cover them.

Bermuda Triangle Cadet, Weddell - Well, this one is alright. You can move her to soul and bounce an RG. Not really much to say about her apart from that while the situation where you'd like her on field comes up often, it's not really the best opening starter. If you really want to run Weddell, run her alongside your other starter.

Bermuda Triangle Cadet, Riviere - Wait why am I talking about Riviere? Well, she is a starting VG if you want to call her that. Never run this outside of Riviere build. Why? Well, she moves to RG and does absolutely NOTHING.

Bermuda Triangle Cadet, Shizuku - Best till last. Shizuku is by far the best of the 3, she even started her own trend of starting VGs that move to soul then check the top 5 for G3s. So, It's basicially like all the others but she was the original.

2b: Grade 1

Mermaid Idol, Sedna - Well, it's an 8K Vanilla and probably the best Turn 1 Ride in the deck, as the other units are generally used elsewhere. Unfortunately Bermuda Triangle don't have the strongest G1 lineup.

Pearl Sisters, Perle - 7k Booster and has an amazing effect, I don't think there's any excuse to not run 4, especially as the other Pearl Sister is also really good too. Even if you don't have Perla out, Perle can be put behind Lena or a RG to swing with decent power.

Mermaid Idol, Elie - Null Guard. Why wouldn't you run this?

Navy Dolphin, Amur - While not all Bermuda Decks run this, from my testing I have found it to be a very helpful unit. If you don't know, it's an Aermo for Bermudas. Whilst some might argue that the additional draw power is not needed, it applies pressure by making your opponent want to block your cycling, and a 6k Booster is better than a kick in the teeth. However, don't run any more than 2, otherwise it's just overkill and will hurt the deck more than it helps.

2c: Grade 2

Intelli Idol Melville - Pick either this or Aqua, whichever you perfer. I personally tried Aqua then went back to this, simply because it can bounce a Rio turn 2. Plus 1K makes little to no difference unless playing against a 13K Vanguard.

Pearl Sisters, Perla - And the other Pearl Sister is just as good if not better than Perle. While her skill does look slightly situational, think of it like this. You have a Rio or Carine on board: Swing this at their vanguard. They will block it and lose cards. If they don't, you bounce the Rio or carine for essentially no cost, and you get a +1. This is why the Pearl Sisters are so good, they apply pressure to your opponent, forcing them to drop cards to stop you from +'ing them to death.

Girls Rock, Rio - The best G2 in the deck by far and one of the sole reasons Bermudas are so amazing. When this card is returned from your field, you can Counter-Blast 1, Soul Charge 1 and then draw a card. Although Rio is fragile with only 8k, she can intercept.

Although, you can stick her on the backrow and leave her there. While it seems dumb, 8K is not good for pressure at all, and your opponent will not be able to do anything without a Blaster Blade clone, in which case they're wasting it on a 8K Draw engine. Run 4, without question or doubt.

2d: Grade 3

Rainbow Light, Carine - The G3 Rio. She has the exact same skill, and the only thing she has over her is 10k, although she can't intercept, she's much more built for attacking. Definately run these, I'd recommend about 3. 4 seems to many in my opinion, considering Rio comes out quicker and can intercept.

Top Idol, Flores - More of a tech than anything else, but a valid one nonetheless. Flores acts like a better Perla. When she hits anything, you can Soul Blast 2 cards, and then bounce 1 Bermuda Triangle Rearguard. What does Flores have over Perla? The best thing, Flores doesn't have to hit a Vanguard. Flores is another one of those "Block or Die" Situations, letting it through allows you to get a +1, otherwise they lose a unit and they -1. If they block, they also lose cards. It's not that good when you don't have Rio, Carine or the Pearl Sister combo though, so I wouldn't suggest too many. I myself run 1, just for the situations when I get it are great, otherwise I can live without it.

Bermuda Princess, Lena - The best card in the deck. When Lena is played on VG, she bounces all of your rear guards. She also has a passive effect of: "While you have 4 or More Bermuda Triangle Rearguards, this card gains +3000 during your turn." Place Sedna behind her and you can swing for 21. The optimal grade 3 for the deck, always run 4 in this build. The first one you should ride upon you getting it, but the other 3 should be kept until an optimal time arrives, or you are desperate for more cards in hand.

Remember that, Lena also allows you to rearrange your rear-guards, placed that Sedna behind another RG? No problem. Overall, Lena is an amazing unit for the deck. There's a reason it's called the Lena build.

3: How to Play...

3a: With

Ok, so set your starting vanguard. Mulligan any triggers into your deck, keep any regular units in your hand, and there's nothing overly worth Mulliganing into your deck, that is of course unless you draw Multiples of Melville or similar, or just a hand that's dead in general. You ideally want 1-2-3 in your hand, and preferrably, Sedna-Perla/Melville-Lena/Flores. So, ride in your G1 and call Shizuku to the back, or whatever starter you want to use.

You can't really do anything that special on the G1 turn, other than call another Sedna behind the VG if you have one. From there just end your turn.

Once your next turn starts, ride in your G2. Here is where you have access to Perla and Rio, with Rio being very important. If you rode Perla, call a Rio in hand if you have one. Also remember to use Shizuku on this turn, as you can't use Shizuku next turn and then ride. Call out any G2 units you have, and enter your attack phase. Usually, take swings at the VG and if you want, RGs you find troublesome. One thing you may want to know is Bermudas are very bad at handling pressure. Think what your opponent might have in hand before dedicating to anything.

When you ride to your G3, whatever it is, you now have access to all the units in your deck. So make sure you use them. Generally now your turns will consist of, Lena Ride, Bounce all your units, get pluses, replay units, attack, go. Basicially, your hand should be big enough that your opponent will eventually lose from not having a hand. When you draw into more Lenas, hold onto them until you can atleast generate a +2 on the ride. If your hand dips below say, 5, you should use the lena to regain some cards. Other than that, continue to bounce cards and gain pluses. Not really much else to say.

The problem with making this section is well, I could describe everything as use cards that bounce attack and whatever. I'm sorry for the somewhat lazy writing here.

3b: Against

Apply Pressure -
    Bermudas are really bad at holding against pressure. Although they have a good hand size, if thier key units are consistently getting swung at, the hand will diminish really fast protecting these units. When you can, swing at Rio or Carine. The other player will be very inclined to block for these units, or lose out on important combo pieces. Swinging at their vanguard doesn't do much except give them food for CB. Swinging at thier combo peices means they can't get more cards. Even if they have another copy in hand, it's one less +1 they can get from Lena.

Don't Overguard -
    If you're at low damage, don't guard. They'll be getting a bigger hand, and the less cards you have, the less chance you have of getting rid of that hand. While it might be mostly triggers you're using, you are eventually going to have to use regular units to block. If you have a 3 card hand and they have a 9 card hand, you're basicially done. While this is explainitory, taking pokes from RGs is safe.

Really, these are the only two massively important things when fighting Bermudas. Preserve your hand for late game so you don't lose to a swarm of advantage, and apply pressure to them to try and get rid of combo pieces.

3c: Matchup Info

Once I have more info on matchups, I will update this segment.

Last edited by Shard on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide. Empty Re: Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide.

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Neg a Erie for another Amur? Hell, I dunno, your build looks solid. :s
    I'd ask why you're not running 4 of all Drive Quartets, but I've seen why.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide. Empty Re: Bermuda Δ - Now with (Terrible!) Guide.

Post by Legend Zero Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Hm...looks solid. There are a couple tests that you might try (might have tried) but there is nothing that needs attention, just testing and changing as the game evolves.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:36 pm

I can't see improvements either...

Great job, Shard.

Whenver I see Bermudas I'll inb4 you now.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 am

I've been trying 4 Melville/3 Nulls, and this seems to work better as well the other two G2s range from eeeh in the case of Perla and Urgh for Rio on ride where Melville is in her prime on the vg. After turn 2, it's a 9k Vanilla Intercepter which is food for nulls or whatever. I havnt really run into much MLB or DoTE testing it, but I did play against Wifi Master Jordan's SP deck with PBO and I did really good, although I'm certian that's a Bermuda + Matchup from all that I've seen myself. I'll test this out to see how it goes. Both Games I opened Melville and really after a mull it's quite hard not to get a card you have at 4.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 pm

le bumpsaurus comes to visit this thread.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Legend Zero Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Very interesting read, I hope you continue to add to this as you progress in playing/understanding the clan.

I'll get you a logo for the Guide before the end of the weekend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am