Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Ruby
Kyousuke Kousaka
Jordan, Lich Lord
Yuzuru Otonashi
Rodrigo
Johnny
10 posters

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire

Post by Ruby Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm

so tl;dr shadow paladins are still being difficult
    ffs shadow paladins

i'm confused
    are the narukami breaking up, attacking kagero, doing their own shit, or what
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire

Post by Touya Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 pm

A...a new FVG? A new play style? A return of Shadow Paladin? And they may have announced their return by taking over the US?

I am on board with this. Absolutely on board. Having a united antagonist clan feels much more natural, narrative wise. Speculating on how this'll turn out though, the lore's been vague about who was sealed exactly. Majesty Lord Blaster and The End seem assumable enough. Promo material and the anime tells us that it was Blaster Dark that was sealed, but ever since MLB's lore came out it has been suggested that Dark died before Blaster Overlord was confronted. If Overlord is sealed that's all well and good--he's gotten semi-divine treatment in the lore as one of the guardian dragons of the sanctuary a la Soul Saver, and that suggests that he'd still have his worshippers and hardliner Shadows after the war was over assuming they're alive. But it's been speculated that Vortimer/Spectral Duke Dragon is a reincarnation of Overlord, and if that were the case then he's certainly dead, so we're then left to wonder who's running this crazy boat post-TD08. The Dark Dictator has secondary command of the Shadow Paladins according to his lore, Il Dana seems like he would have a leadership position if we ever get his lore, and that's about it. There seem to be three possibilities, first that Blaster Dark was sealed and Overlord is dead, second that Dark is dead and Overlord was sealed, and third that no one died and both were sealed. Option number 1 seems to be the most likely if we assume that Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark's battle in the card lore had no loser, but 2 seems more in line with the idea of there being a remnant Shadow Paladin faction contemporary to the Golds. A group that wants to free Overlord is to be expected, but free Dark? Why? He gave his sword to Blaster Blade, and that was instrumental in defeating them in the last war.

...but talking about the TD itself. It's nice to see Gancy back, but I'd hate to see it actually come true that the Golds are gonna replace the Royals completely instead of being Aichi's temporary fallback deck. I was thinking that they would've turned it into something like an alternate Batsuit for particular episodes rather than making Royals the Symbiote. At least it looks like the manga isn't gonna follow suit.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Oh dear god, The Dark Dictator's lore is suddenly putting things together. I... I think he actually just stormed the palace since Alfred himself is still absent. So he took over as king, forcefully. I assume the liberation mission is to dethrone their new Shadow Paladin overlords, since DICKtator was created for the sole purpose of killing Alfred and taking the crown himself. Since Alfred's not there, what's stopping DICKtator from killing the shit out of people guarding the Royal Palace, and taking the throne for himself?

I am now looking forward to the very next Shadow Paladin(s) then.
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:56 pm

If this means we get Dictator in the anime I am all for it.

If not I am still for it.

It's new ShadowPala cards, how can I not be for it.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Probably won't see The Dark DICKtator in the anime, but possibly the Shadow Pallies being the truth of the force that sealed them (Blade, Dark, Overlord) away? I mean, it's not like Blaster Dark would be liked by the Shadow Paladin clan anymore since he gave away his Sword of Darkness to Blaster Blade, essentially giving away what was probably a seriously powerful(lolwut) weapon to the other side of the war between the Paladins, essentially tipping the power balance towards the Royal Paladins which then resulted in the Gold Paladins when the war ended with Baseball GAR'ing things into happening.

And then I get disappointed by finding out things I think will happen are all just dreams.

Then again, Bushi's lores haven't disappointed me yet.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 pm

I highly doubt the mysterious force is Dictator's army because Shadow Paladins themselves were affected by the disappearance of the Blasters and Overlord. It is very plausible that Dictator is an antagonist in the war, and Gancelot could be joining the fray of Gold Paladins to deal with Dictator himself since Alfred can't.

Wait in that case why the f*** don't Gold Paladins just march back to the castle and take their shit back.
    Most of them are Royals.
    They got a huge Dragon that's the reincarnation of Phantom Blaster, and not to mention the ever-evolving Ezel.
    Plus a huge army compared to the belittled army Dictator's Paladins have due to others joining Golds, or have been lost in the Royals vs Shadows war, or even just been affected enough by Blaster Dark's disappearance to leave.

So basically I think that TD08 is about Golds vs Shadows entirely??? i'm dumb
    wtf is narukami doing
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 pm

We won't even know what the hell happened to Ezel and Spectral and the other Golds until after BT09 and we get the dirt on what's up with BT10/Season 3.

The fact that Royals only have Season 1 Support while Golds get 2 Seasons of support means something's up here tho'. Something's a bit wonky that Aichi's not back to Royals by the end of this season. This is just assuming Aichi, Kai, and Leon did whatever with Tatsunagi.

>Remembers War of Liberation
    >Remembers image of Aichi, Kai, and Leon with Tatsunagi in some VAGUE FOG OF VAGUE AS SHIT PLOT

Oh goddammit, don't tell me we're going to have Ezel + THE BLOOD + Glory Maelstrom and the other Cross-Rides vanish like shitbags and just outright leave their shit defenseless.

And then the anime decides to do the same by banishing those 3 to Planet Cray leaving us to get 3 new mains from somewhere amongst the cast.

Wait, where was the bad thing in that last sentence?
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:23 am

Some stuff from the product page:
    新カードを収録した「ゴールドパラディン」と「なるかみ」のトライアルデッキ2種が同時発売!
    ^ Just says what we know - the Trial Decks are Gold Paladin and Narukami. No hint of Dual Clan units though.

イラスト違い再録1種4枚を収録!
    Reprints of 4 cards, 1 of which is alternate art.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 am

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 697315705
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 am

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 MU98u4DW4OZanh51354678970_1354679034
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 am

Not opening another thread without a pic

TRIAL DECK 10 IS SHADOW PALADIN
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 am

New Ability "Break Ride". I believe the gist is , if it uses Limit Break, you can have another another member of the Clan ride, that comes into play with an insanely huge buff.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:11 am

Johnny wrote:Not opening another thread without a pic

TRIAL DECK 10 IS SHADOW PALADIN

YES! Finally! Smile
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 am

Apparently the skill is:
    Auto LB(4): When this unit rides on a <<Narukami>> unit, you can select 1 of your opponent's Rearguard on the front row, retire it, select 1 of your Vanguard, during this turn, Power +10,000.
    Auto [V]: When this unit attacks, when your opponent have 3 or more cards in the Damage Zone, during this battle, this unit gets Power +3000.
    Continuous [V/R]: Leader (If you do not have units with the same Clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack.)

Last edited by Johnny on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 am

Name of the dragon is Eraser, Boring Sword Dragon.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

Johnny wrote:Auto LB(4):

>No Counterblast
    HELL YES.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 am

By the way. The Ride Break actually functions when you ride SPECIFICALLY over Eraser. 23K Vermillion anyone?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:49 am

Wait.
    So it's OVER Eraser, not when you ride Eraser, right?
    Sort of lost with the text there.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

The text provided was a screw-up on my end along with translators'. According to Felgrand and Ark too, Ride Break is a LB you activate when you ride over Eraser like Striken.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:05 am

Oh okay, to be honest that's sort of better imo. Still makes lovely powers and retiring. <3
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 am

Jade Harley wrote:so tl;dr shadow paladins are still being difficult
    ffs shadow paladins

i'm confused
    are the narukami breaking up, attacking kagero, doing their own shit, or what

pretty sure narukami would just go back to their place and kagero would take the same position they had before being sealed. Narukami was always there it was just cause kagero was the main attack force

...or something like that
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 1354717745-o0356052012317575343
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 And_then_I_came_by_LokoRock
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 am

Trial Deck 08/09 - Liberator of the Sanctuary & Eraser of the Empire - Page 2 Tumblr_mfqf6tzpR91rlv1ofo1_500

can safely say that this confirms blaster gold for td08?
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

And I'll go out on a limb and say that if Blaster Gold is confirmed for TD08, then Gold Alfred is confirmed for BT10.

They just didn't say anything in KeroKero Ace yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm