Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mako109
Striker
Shaped Like Itself
Welche
RAEG
Armz
Dae of Judgment
Serenade
Rodrigo
Ashiok
HiveNet
Kira
Jordan, Lich Lord
17 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Welche Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 pm

iLOL is down today. My life is over.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

iLOL? What's that?
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

It's LoL for Mac's. Since regular LoL is updating today or something, iLoL is updating which takes more time and tl;dr i can't play lol today.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Oh, you guys and your Legendary League of Legends
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Actually it's just League of Legends, there is no legendary in there.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Welche wrote:Actually it's just League of Legends, there is no legendary in there.

I know, I played it for a bit
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm

On the upside I can still watch Lie To Me Very Happy
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

So how is everyone today?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

My flu's starting to die down now. Doctor said that as long as I stay warm and rest today and tomorrow it could end by Thursday. =D

Been struggling like f*** to find a commander that I actually like and failing hard, though. The three I've found to like the most are Arcanis, Teneb, Sen Triplets and Crosis, but none of them feeling like generals I'd run for more than a few games and be bored of them. Not to mention trying to build a deck so it's not boring for everyone else has proven to be near impossible.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

I found that using a different deck every once in a while keeps them all fun to play Smile

Now I just need to find something new. Jarrad is getting a little stale.

Im thinking of trying Rakdos Lord of Riots
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

For me it's just annoying in the sense that it's the only format where I can't find one deck to use the most and adjust constantly over time.

Like how in standard I always have U/W control. Or in Modern I have MBC. Or in Legacy I have reanimator.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Well, I did find my main EDH deck, my secondary one is Kaalia now.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm alright. Been better.

I am looking forwards to playtesting Glory Maletstrom... Becuause he look scary. Very Happy
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm

I have Karn, Sharuum and Reaper King. I don't know which to choose either. Right now, I am liking Shauum about any of them, but I still don't have a favorite between the three.

In Standard, I have B/W Exalted right now, last time I had Infinite Mana Myrs.
    In Modern, I have Affinity.
    My deck overall is Infinite Mana Myrs just in general.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Eh, multiplayer makes my favourite manner of playing, being decision-tree making between two players, damn near impossible. Naturally, control decks aren't very good if they're pseudo-hated out and if they're the only control deck on a table of mindless beaters (unless you draw the stone nuts with Riku, apparently).

Wish there were as many swingy spells as there are creatures though... I like spells far too much.

Eh, I might just work on mitigating the two with Riku and see what I can do, I just don't like being the target from turn 1 because the deck can be insanely good a lot of the time.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm more of a 1vs1 player but I can appreciate the multiplayer environment.

I'm also a big timmy and johnny so my wins have to be flashy and big.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

I like EDH multiplayer far more than 1v1, for some reason, so that doesn't really help me there.

As much as I'm starting to like combo more, I still refuse to play or use them in EDH, simply because it's such a dull way to win a format that's designed to be fun for everyone.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Toshino Kyoko wrote:I'm more of a 1vs1 player but I can appreciate the multiplayer environment.

I'm also a big timmy and johnny so my wins have to be flashy and big.

What are you compensating for with those big and flashy wins? Scratch that, I don't want to know. <-- Modified from a Hyndai commercial.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Got to love Combo Smile I would play more combo but I seem to like Tribal EDH too much to ever play anything other than it.

Getting out of that with my Jarrad deck though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I blame my enjoyment of legacy for my increasing tolerance for combo. Just seeing combo from a different perspective as more of a head game than one played solely by cards in play. Just not as much of a spectator sport in that sense, though.

I'll be trying a few things in legacy, notably the Reanimator deck I already play, and definitely want to try ANT and some Show and Tell variants.

In modern, I might try UR Storm, failing that I want to at least try the new Pyromancer's Ascension control deck that's become popular recently. Pod still looks too durdly for me though.

Oh and just saw the next DotP 2013 DLC...

Orzhov looks f****** fantastic... I need to actually get these DLCs unlike how I forgot to get the Simic/Boros one.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 pm

I am not much into pod either, sorry Rod.
    Modern is my home format. I usually like to test things in there so. I am liking Bant Exalted a little more because of Geist of Saint Traft. That card is so amazingly helpful too!
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I got beat by UR storm a few weeks ago, it looked interesting. There was also a Splinter Twin deck. That was brutal.

I love Pod but I can see why it's not for everyone Smile
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Was that against me? I am so sorry about that!
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, as soon as I finish with tweaking my Gifts build (would be nice if I actually saw the cards I wanted to test more often. I swear, I never draw them. ._.) I'll get to trying out UR Storm or Ascension combo-control.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Dae of Judgment Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Grim Lavamancer. Don't forget! Razz

Anyways. I need a new name for the christmas holidays and should have a cute ring to it, ideas, please?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am