Halloween

Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Re: Halloween

Post by Garazza on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 am

They trick us into shoving it down our throat by constantly exposing us to it everywhere. We just have to regurgitate it back up.

"When the sky has cleared and rains have passed, I still won't forget the past"

"Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 am

Welche wrote:Oh dear god. You guys hate holidays. What is this madness? Have you no heart?
    I actually love Halloween.

I just hate how abused it is. There's nothing creative or thoughtful about it most times, it's just free candy. Free candy is very nice, but... Eh, it's just not fun like it was before.

It's just a tacky "holiday" that's primarily for pre-teens due to the nature it's taken. For adults and a good number of teenagers, it's a reason to dress up slutty/strangely and party until you're so drunk you think you're a real vampire.

It's one extreme or the other, really.

Personally, I have the same regard for it as I do a story. Execution is everything... And the execution is often extremely tacky. I'd honestly be more impressed by a toilet paper mummy than most of the things that people buy in the stores.

It also caters to cosplayers, but the majority of those don't even need to wait for Halloween.

Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am

Welche wrote:The US isn't shoving it down your throat, you are.

They were a century ago. Now, we are indeed.

Hence why I don't like it.

Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 am

Welche wrote:Shall we talk culture? The US is shoving it down your throat in so far as they are a more powerful country than any other country in the world, leaving everyone else with few options. It's almost impossible to modernize to the level of America without adapting their culture. The US isn't shoving it down your throat, you are.

This coming from the one who was trying to force history down our throats? :s

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm