Sword Art Online

Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Sword Art Online

Post by Magic Man on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 pm

The year is 2022, and gamers have lined up on launch day for Sword Art Online, a hotly-anticipated MMORPG that lets players connect to an immersive virtual reality world with special helmets called Nerve Gear. Kirito is one such gamer who's eager to jump back into action, having spent a great deal of time as a beta tester, and quickly becomes friends with newbie warrior Klein. But soon, Sword Art Online's 10,000 players discover that not only are they unable to log out, the only way they can return to their physical bodies is by beating the 100-level tower's final boss - that is, if their HP doesn't drop to zero first, for death in the game means death in the real world. Now, with no one else to turn to, Kirito and the other participants must survive the game as best they can – some forming guilds, others ruthlessly leaving their peers behind, and many tragically falling by the wayside or to the merciless monsters populating the lands...

A lot of people have been talking about this lately, and for good reason. Probably only one of the actually good titles from the summer line-up and its 1st half just ended on a high note.

The Crew:

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 pm

This sounds awesome!...but also kind of like .hack.

I'll have to check it out some time.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Is this anime about anything else other than KiritoxAsuna.

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Just started watching it. I like it so far.

"When the sky has cleared and rains have passed, I still won't forget the past"

"Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don't have any wings?"
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Saw the first episode after reading this thread and I am starting to love it already. If it weren't for the fact that dying meant DYING, I would love to play that game.

Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 13

Post by Dawn on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Magic Man wrote:A lot of people have been talking about this lately, and for good reason. Probably only one of the actually good titles from the summer line-up and its 1st half just ended on a high note.
    Summer really kept me occupied with anime. Even though fall now beats that. Compared to other seasons, it got me interested in more anime at the time they were airing. Still, SAO is, as well as Kokoro Connect at the top of my list for summer.

I even like the ridiculous amount of time they give for what is side stories in the light novels, it is good development, and was clearly a good idea to do it chronologically. I'm saying this even though I haven't read them, I've just heard a lot about it. <3 Pina.

Titania wrote:Is this anime about anything else other than KiritoxAsuna.
    Honestly, if you haven't seen too many people obsessing over it, that would be far from a legitimate question. Regardless of what it is, I would say read the synopsis, as it proves the answer to your question is yes. If you like anime, and you've enjoyed an MMO anytime in your life, you should like it.
    That last post ^ is what I'm talking about.

Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am

From what I've heard, it's a cool watch, but it's a serious .hack rip off and the plot has 5+ holes/inconsistencies in it that can ruin the entire experience.

Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 am

So far I haven't seen any plot holes. Also apparently this and .hack both started up around the same time.

" both series started around the same time in 2002. Sword Art Online was originally meant as an entry for the Dengeki Novel Prize contest but Reki Kawahara didn't submit it because it exceeded the page limit so he published it as a webnovel under the pseudonym Fumio Kunori. It was only after the popularity of his second novel series Accel World that his publishers convinced him to release Sword Art Online as an light novel in 2009."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 pm