Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread

Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread Empty Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread

Post by Kyng Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

Okay, so, to put it simple, I've had a wee little breakdown, but I'm back and I'm not putting this off any more. Not only that, but I feel the community is big enough to make this rules thread.

However, rather than throwing rules on people and expecting them to follow blindly, we're going to work on this as a community and discuss to find what rules should, and shouldn't, apply.

One that (obv.) will not be debated on is that the the Roleplaying Forum is subjected to CGC's rules.

Amongst others, I've done research into Roleplaying rules and have came to discover a few things...

If you're even remotely interested:

We'll be using God-Modding as Overpowering your character, and Power-playing as controling other player's characters, btw.

So, a few things we will need to debate include...

1 - What do you define as power-playing?
    2 - Should there be age ratings and, if so, how should we categorise them?
    3 - Any mandatory rules you can think of?

Try to be elaborative, we want to nail these down solid! I want everyone to be as active as they can here.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread Empty Re: Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread

Post by Ruby Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 am

Power-Playing can be defined as basically making your character and/or their actions overpowered here. God-Modding is playing God, so it can work for either definition. You could just say "God-Modding is against the rules" and you'll have your entire point across.

Age Ratings for at least more Mature RPs could be labelled as PG-16 or something? idk. Then again, the only difference should be like, if the RP is filled with mild swearing or something. Since sexual content would be against the rules. I have no clue on what to do with that. :v

As for mandatory rules, I think usual presentations should be a requirement. Have your plot, apps, and rules all ready in full detail, etc.

I'm real tired and can't think of much else other than the complete obvious.
    Ruka
    Ruka
    "Special" Moderator
    Roleplaying Rule Discussion Thread 1zsrpk

Rep : 6

Post by Ruka Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Titania wrote:Age Ratings for at least more Mature RPs could be labelled as PG-16 or something? idk. Then again, the only difference should be like, if the RP is filled with mild swearing or something. Since sexual content would be against the rules. I have no clue on what to do with that. :v
    Bawwwww. ;-;

Zeo already stated what I would define as Power-Playing.

Age Ratings? Sure. In my opinion, the categorisation should be something like PG-13 for things like violence, or possibly a small amount of swearing. PG-16 for, well, more violence and mild swearing. Considering sexual content is against the rules, we shouldn't really need any 18+ RPs. And I guess ones that don't really need an Age Rating could just have no Age tag in the title or have something like G, or E.

With the mandatory rules, again I agree with what Zeo said. And with the fairly obvious 'no God-Modding' and such. A possible rule(Rule? Suggestion? W/e) for RPs that want a lot more detail, could be that they have a tag in the title, which means the Bio, Personality, etc. would have to be a certain amount of lines minimum. (I'm not talking 4 lines minimum here, more than that). Although with that there are people that are really lazy, like me, and that could make them hesitate to join.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

Post by Kyng Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 pm

From what I've gathered we'll stick Power Playing and God Modding as it is.

I think we'll follow a decent age rating system. I can do research on that if necessary. However, the element of sexual content is a difficult one to transgress. I'd argue that a certain degree (aka max PG-16) graded level of sexual content/language/etc should be permissable. Again, I will do research on it.

Obviously, good points mentioned by Zeo in the sense that a Plot, Rules, and Apps will be needed. Now, Smearie-pie, your's does interest me, however I believe that if a host wants this, it should be up to their decision. As with the whole issue of minimum posting controversy. Certain rules would be expected, but not necessary to be placed on a character.

An Advanced Clause will be implemented, however not now, nor will it be mandatory. I disagree that everyone should be subjected to strict rules; after all, some RPers need to make beginnings and an A.C. would dsrupt this.

I'll keep on researching, as per usual, however I'll make sure I bring out a Draft Rules for us to have a gnaw at ^^
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:00 pm

There really wouldn't be much to an Advanced Clause other than the rule to make a decently constructed paragraph, which I think everyone already knows and does. I mean, I'd understand if people are lazy for detailed roleplaying, but then you have to realize that you're gonna wind up making short posts and mess up the flow of it.

On detail for characters, it's kind of important that their bio and personality is laid out for everyone. Otherwise, people will just be really lazy and generic like "lazy, sociable, heroic, cool". And their bios wouldn't be quality either.

I don't think a minimum of lines would be required, but simply, required details to just get your shit laid out so everyone can know and the character won't look like a generic, vague anime character.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm