Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!)

Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 3

Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!) Empty Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!)

Post by Le Creator Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:43 pm

OOC Thread: https://cardgamecoalition.forumotion.com/t1415-romance-of-the-three-regions-rated-e-for-epicand-everyone

Sunnydale, The Grand Republic

Sunnydale is a quiet, peaceful fishing village. This morning there are but a few clouds to harry the sun's rays and it looks like the local fishermen are heading out for the morning catch. Those who were out late making sales, volunteering for the guard and returning from other nearby towns are heading off to home and bed. Everything is grand here in Sunnydale.

Of course, that is how it appears to those passing through. If you take a closer look the outcome isn't so happy go lucky.

In reality the city is being squeezed dry. Several officials and their thugs had arrived a fortnight ago. Their corruption knows no bounds, as they claim anything they want and force illegal taxes upon the citizens, threatening to ruin anyone who steps out of line. A petition was secretly sent to the capital, but no reply was forth coming.

This added on to the local bandit crisis has the local government in a panic. The mayor has begun to ask locals to put an end to the bandit raids, by any means they are capable of. At the same time he also looks for those that may be able to end the problem of the corrupt officials without bringing harm to the village.

What will you do?

Asgrove, The Wild Lands

A group of citizens have gathered in the southern plaza, watching the gate. From beyond they hear the call of a horn. The tempo of the horn call sends a wave of relief through the gathering. It's a raiding party returning home.

Asgrove, one of the few safe havens in the Wild Lands and the unofficial capital of the region. Pokemon from all over the Wild lands sought the refuge of this great, and until recently abandoned, fortress. However, Asgrove was far from safe. The city had to send out raid parties to scout, forage, and protect the city from local wildlife, bandits and any Commonwealth forces in the area.

Thus a crowd was gathered to cheer the raiders back through the gates. The city watch was always looking for new raiders and watching the current ones. People could sign up at the call boards in any of the plaza. Those with enough wealth to speak of could even venture to a tenure in the city's academy and attempt to join the Asgrove Raiders, an elite team that was charged with defending the scattered watchposts in the wilderness.

What will you do?
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!) Empty Re: Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!)

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 am

Leo peeked around a building at another of the mayor's campaigns to get townspokemon to join the guard, a wide smile on his face. After listening to the speech, the young Riolu was sucked in, wanting to help out despite being too young for it. As the assembly scattered, Leo turned to his companion, his eyes all lit up. "That's what we can do to help out! We're not adults, so we can't take care of the mean leaders, but we can do this, Amy!" Catching himself beginning one of his rants, he shook it off. "Well, what do you think of the idea?" he asked the Eevee, "I mean, we'd have to sneak to do it and all... We're probably too young!" As he flung his arms up, he lost control of his voice a little, speaking a bit too loudly for someone trying to be slick.
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Rep : 4

Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!) Empty Re: Romance of the Three Regions (Rated E For EPIC...and Everyone)(Still Accepting!)

Post by Kanade Otonashi Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 am

Amy nodded as Leo talking, her eyes big as he ranted. "W-well, if you think we could do it... We should try! I'm tired of being told I'm too young to do aaaaanything."

As she whined, she peeked around the corner of the building, watching what was going on as the Pokemon were leaving. "I don't get it Leo, shouldn't they be getting ready for a big battle with explosions and armor and thingies like that? This just seems... Boring, that isn't what adventure is like!"

A look of disappoint started to cover her face as she turned back to Leo. "Right? Isn't adventure supposed to be fun?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am

"Big battles... Explosions and armor...? Uh... Yeah, of course adventures have that kinda stuff! And they are all sorts of fun!" Leo grinned and pet the younger canine, another paw clenched like a fist in front of him. "But, in order to go on an adventure, you have to wait through this... boring stuff, okay? This is just the plans, but we'll be going on our own adventure and get things done before the adults have to!" The Riolu thrust his clenched fist towards the sky, grinning wider than before "Whaddya say, Amy?"
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

"Hey Leo, simmer down for a second. Your acting like a Numel near a heat source. Maybe we should decide what we can do before running off to do something." Nidas, a male Nidoran who had been laying in the sun nearby while Leo and Amy eavesdropped. The only thing that made him different from any other male Nidoran was that he had a large spot on each ankle, whereas most spots were on the upper head and torso.

"I mean honestly Leo, if it wasn't for me I think you'd actually have gone running into the woods to fight bandits. We're talking big guys here, Medicham, Hitmonlee, I think even a few Sneasel are involved. Tell me, how's your Aura training coming along? Could it take on a fully grown Medicham?"
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Amy glared at the Nidoran, fire in her eyes for questioning Leo. She quickly growled out, "Of course he can! Leo can do anything! R-right Leo?"

She calmed down slightly, then nodded. "He... He kinda has a point Leo... These wouldn't be little like us... I know I can't handle them, at least... Not alone. Maybe we could win with numbers? If there are going to be hunters after the bandits too, then maybe we can help out by tripped up the bandits, or distracting them for a little!"

She started getting excited again, convincing herself that this was sure to work.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 pm

"Pfft, of course I can do anything!" Leo pet his younger companion, smirking. "Buuut... If you think support would be better, that's what we'll do, to start. Okay?"

"And Nidas, dont be such a wet blanket. Of course my training's going well! Just watch!" The young Riolu held his paws in front of him, palms towards each other, and a light blue ball began to generate between them, growing steadily. "See? I can do Aura Sphere just f-" Before he could finish showing off, the ball exploded and left his fur standing up. "... I meant to do that. So, yeah, I'm sure we can do it, but let's go with Amy's idea for now."
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 pm

"Hmmm, the show was charming I guess. Very well, let us go see what kind of mischievous actions we can take to deal with these bandits. Just be careful to keep quiet, another one of your speeches and we'll have adults all over us for skipping class again."

Nidas lazily stood and yawned before turning towards the city perimeter. He blinked for a few moments, adjusting to being completely awake.

"Right Leo, you lovable scamp. Lead the way, after all the strongest and wisest should lead." Nidas began a slow walk, with a quick, small smirk towards the two. Why rush, there is plenty of time to deal with the issues, now where to find a nice snack...
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Amy giggled when the Aura Sphere exploded on Leo, but kept it down. She had watched a bit of his training, in private and saw what was coming. "Well, what are we waiting for? Lesgo get ready!"

Amy started bouncing away, not watching where she was going. She thought she was following Leo, but obviously she wasn't. Within minutes of not being watched, she had managed to get herself lost in the back alleys of the city. As she slowed, her ears lowered and she started panicking.

"L-leo...?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 pm

"Subtle as always, aren't ya? Eh, no matter, I'm still the leader, regardless of your sarcasm! Isn't that right, Amy?" Leo turned to the Eevee, barely seeing her prance away. "Uh, gather supplies, I need to go after her. She still gets lost easily."

Leo ran off towards Amy, barely keeping her in sight, when he saw her bounce down an alley. The young Riolu ran in as the fox began to cower, picking her up swiftly. "I gotcha, I gotcha... don't wander off, okay? I'll be right there if you need me, just stick to my side!" Leo forced a soft smile.
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 pm

"Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?" Nidas commented as he turned down the street. He walked a distance before coming upon the desired location, it was of course his father's berry shop. Selling a wide variety of berries, Nidas's family store was visited by many of the locals and several out of town visitors.

"I'm sure dad won't mind if I bring some of yesterday's left overs with us for a little adventure." Nidas said as he slung a berry bag over his shoulders and began to slowly gather the fruit off the shelves. "I just hope Leo got to Amy before she broke down again."
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Amy nodded, her eyes slightly watery. "O-okay Leo... I thought I was following you, or you were with me, or something! I promise I didn't mean to!"

She crawled close by his side, waiting to see where he would lead her to. "Leo... Where did Nidas go? And what are we gonna do now? Is it okay for us to be here...? Can we get out of here quickly?"

She was getting frantic, the dark alleyway was starting to get into her head, freaking her out.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Leo smiled and patted his companion's head. "It's alright, I remember the way back. I know you didn't run off on purpose, just make sure from now on, okay?" Leo started to walk, keeping an eye on where the Eevee was, leading her back. "As for Nidas, he gathered supplies while I came after you. Knowing him..." Leo grinned wide before continuing. "He's probably whining about getting stuck with that job and should have some nice stuff for us from his dad's store." The Riolu sat down where they had come from, patting the ground next to him. "Let's just wait, then we'll get to adventure when he's back with the supplies!"
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:38 pm

"Alright, the bag is full now to just get out of here before-" Nidas nearly finished when he heard what he dreaded hearing.

"NIDAS! What are you doing out there?" Came a sharp, feminine voice from the backroom.

Uh-oh, dad's awake! Nidas quickly scrambled for the door as a Nindorino in a tu-tu came waltzing out the backroom door. "Nidas, get back here with those! You know your not supposed to take those berries! Nidas!"

"Sorry dad, I'll pay for them later!" Nidas said as he sprinted down the street towards the gang's usual place.
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Amy nodded, sitting down next to Leo where he had patted the ground. "I-I'm really nervous about this Leo... They aren't taking little Pokemon like us for a reason, I know it... Besides, I'm not like you, I don't have any training, I can't even swim and my parents are fishers..."

She watched the distance, waiting on Nidas to come back. "Leo, is that him...? I can't tell, but if it is him, he's running fast... He probably got caught... We are in so much trouble, aren't we?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:01 am

Leo ruffled the younger pokemon's head. "Don't worry about it, I'll be with you! Besides, you're getting better at swimming, and you'll be better than me at it in no time!" Leo looked to the distance as he spoke, still rubbing the little fox's head. "We'll be fine! You can do stuff, just have some more confidence in yourself!"

At the mention of Nidas, Leo squinted. "Yup, that's him. His dad probably caught him, so..." Leo picked up Amy, and ran for the gate. "We go!"
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:10 am

Nidas made a mad dash for the gate, taking only a brief moment to acknowledge that Leo and Amy were doing the same. He moved so fast that the Combustken guarding the gate barely had time to recognize that someone had passed through. The only trace of Nidas at the gate was an Oran berry that fell out of the bag on his way through.

"What in the world?" the Combustken picked up the berry gave it a sniff and shrugged. Well, if that guy isn't back before sundown it's his problem. This berry seems to be good though, not gonna waste it.
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:17 am

Amy yelped when Leo picked her up, but calmed down when she realized what he was doing. Relaxed, she watched as the scenery changed, from homes and shops, to trees, water, and dirt. She never left town often and dreamed of being able to explore a little more. Her parents kept her busy around the house most days, leaving her little time to get out, especially late at night.

"Leo, when are we gonna be able to stop running...?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 am

Leo realized they'd ran enough when Amy spoke, and set her down gently. "Hey, Nidas, Mr. Tutu's probably not following us anymore, so stop yer running!" Leo leaned against a tree, looking around the area. "Well, I have a small idea of where we are, but... can't recall which way we were supposed to go... Nidas, what'd you do with that map I nabbed? It was supposed to have the way the adults were headed marked on it, so get it out. It's time to go kick some bandit a-" Leo remembered the slightly younger Eevee, and cleared his throat. "Um... Kick some bandit tail, yeah! The adults don't even need to do anything, we're more than enough!"
    Le Creator
    Le Creator
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Le Creator Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 am

"Hey Leo, let me catch my breath first. Running like that isn't exactly my forte." Nidas said between gasps. He dropped the bag on the ground near a tree. He then plopped down himself, nestling near the bag. "I'll rest up and set up camp, the map should be here in the bag. Take a look then go check things out. When you get back camp should be ready for an evening meal."

Nidas then closed his eyes to take a bit of a nap.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:26 am

Leo sighed and shook his head. "Well, I guess it can't be helped..." Leo walked around the camp area, wondering where to start. "Do you wanna come along, Amy? You're free to stay here with Nidas or come with me." He gave the Eevee a grin, and walked out of the camp. "If you're coming along, c'mon!"

Not long after leaving the base area, Leo stumbled upon the main road. "Well... I guess this'll give us some sort of direction, but... we should probably avoid it." The Riolu mumbled under its breath, before taking another direction.
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Amy turned to Nidas, then quickly ran after Leo. "Leo wait up!"

After a minute of nonstop running, she caught up with Leo at the main road. She quickly got to him before he took off running again and bit down on his hand. "You told me to stay by your side, but it's haaaaard when you run so fast."

She whined, then looked down the main road. "W-where are we?"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:25 pm

"Yowch!" Leo shook his hand as if that would get rid of the bite. "Anyways... We're at the road that leads from our town to others. We'd be best off if we just turned around and looked another way, to get some bearings. We could easily get caught by Nidas' dad or someone else here." Leo walked this time, taking in the scenery, to get a feel of where he was for the map. "C'mon, Amy! Don't want to leave you behind again!"
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Post by Kanade Otonashi Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Amy giggled when Leo starts shaking his hand, but nodded and quickly ran after him once he started running again. She took a look around, seeing trees, the road, and a river nearby. "Leo, I don't see anything that could be a bandit camp out here. Are we sure we're in the right place?"

She pranced around a little bit, sniffing the ground for any signs of abnormalities. "Everything seems... okay."
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 am

Leo stopped moving as the Eevee sniffed, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. "Give me a second, Amy." As his thoughts cleared, a vague blue map of the living things in the area materialized in his head. With nothing abnormal coloring the map, Leo opened his eyes. "Doesn't seem like much of anything to me either... guess we aren't close enough. Let's head back to camp, we've scouted out the area." He motioned for his companion to follow, expecting a set up camp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm