Kekkaishi

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Kekkaishi

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm

According to the legend, five hundred years ago, there was an insignificant lord who possessed a mysterious power that drew ayakashi (妖?) (supernatural creatures) to him. A demon exterminator, Tokimori Hazama, was called upon to protect the lord and his castle. The lord's power stayed on the land even when he had died. Thus, Tokimori founded the Hazama clan, who inherited his techniques, to protect the land for centuries to come. This land is Karasumori (烏森?).

In the present day, Yoshimori Sumimura and Tokine Yukimura, heirs of the Hazama clan, are the kekkaishi (結界師?) that protect Karasumori. They are ability users (people who can use supernatural powers) who use a technique called Kekkai (結界?). Kekkai is a form of magical energy barrier which is primarily used to capture and destroy ayakashi that are drawn to this shin'yūchi (神佑地?, "sacred land"). Any ayakashi that stay on the land become stronger. Yoshimori and Tokine are to guard the land from the intrusion of ayakashi who try to "power-up" there.

Yoshimori and Tokine suffered a lot of hardships in their responsibilities to protect Karasumori. The ayakashi they must fight are becoming more and more powerful, but they managed to protect the land with the help from Yoshimori's older brother, Masamori Sumimura, and the Urakai (裏会?, "Shadow Organization"). The Shadow Organization itself is an organization of ability users that is governed by a council of twelve, consisting of high level ability users

So yeah, it a great little anime, and an even better manga. It had me sad one moment, laughing another, and pumped to watched a fight the next. And characterization is what makes it so good.

Last edited by Jordan-The Manamancer on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Re: Kekkaishi

Post by Dae of Judgment on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 pm

The show was okay. It was slow at most points. The ending was mehish, it didn't have as much affect of me as most animes do.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

Daemon wrote:The show was okay. It was slow at most points. The ending was mehish, it didn't have as much affect of me as most animes do.

The reason the ending kinda sucked was because that wasent the ending, the manga still goes on another 300 chapters.

Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 pm

I'll read the manga after Gash Bell, but my opinion of the anime still sucks.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 am

Im going to bump this because we have more anime fans now, also I want i to have more fans Sad We want our season 2 already! there are hundreds of chapters in the manga after what they ended it at.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm