Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Naruto

Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Naruto Empty Naruto

Post by Magic Man Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Naruto 37561

Naruto Uzumaki is a young ninja who bears a great power hidden inside him, a power that has isolated him from the rest of his village. As such, his only dream is to become the Hokage - the most powerful ninja, and leader of the village; but first he needs to graduate! With his inability to perform even the most basic ninja techniques, it seems that all Naruto has going for him is his determination to succeed no matter what. Teamed up with the genius Sasuke, book-smart Sakura, and their team leader Kakashi, Naruto embarks on his quest to become the Hokage. But with outside forces posing a threat to the entire Hidden Leaf village, Naruto discovers that he must become much stronger if he ever wants to realize his dream and protect the friendships he's forged.

This is one of my favorite mangas. A lot of people love to rag on it, but there's so much more to it than what appears to be a simplistic Shonen on the surface.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 13

Naruto Empty Re: Naruto

Post by Dawn Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I really don't feel like I would read it. I watched all of the original anime, 151 of Shippuuden, and I like the Rock Lee thing better than Shippuuden, which is horribly strange, but comedy is my favorite genre.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

It's... fairly mediocre. It's enjoyable, but the second half is just AWFUL, compared to the first.

Also, I totally called that Tobi's eye would be an on/off reaction like Kakashi's, last week... That's not to say I'm happy about it.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I've read all of the original manga...I want that time back.
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Post by Magic Man Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Ha ha, I guess Naruto hasn't gone over well with CGC here, eh?
    It's definitely not for everyone; Naruto's one of those protagonists you either love or hate.
    Got to admit though, it has some of the best supporting characters I've seen in anime, IMO. Gaara, Itachi, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, it's just a shame some others with potential are overlooked in Shippuden.
    Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:
    Also, I totally called that Tobi's eye would be an on/off reaction like Kakashi's, last week... That's not to say I'm happy about it.

Why, do you think Tobi's going to turn out to be Obito?
    I'm personally glad it is that way because it helps make a lot more sense out of Tobi's power. I don't think he's Obito though (that'd be one hell of a trolling on Kishimoto's part if so); rather Orochimaru is somehow involved with Tobi being in his present form.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Magic Man wrote:Why, do you think Tobi's going to turn out to be Obito?
    I'm personally glad it is that way because it helps make a lot more sense out of Tobi's power. I don't think he's Obito though (that'd be one hell of a trolling on Kishimoto's part if so); rather Orochimaru is somehow involved with Tobi being in his present form.
    Because it's really anti-climactic and a cop out to go "Oh it was always Kamui lol".

It's not going to be Obito, because Tobi knows Madara. However, it could be someone that body jacked Obito or have something to do with Orochimaru... But he has memories that only Obito/Rin/Kakashi should know, so he has some connection to Obito, at least.
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Post by Magic Man Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:
    Because it's really anti-climactic and a cop out to go "Oh it was always Kamui lol".

It's not going to be Obito, because Tobi knows Madara. However, it could be someone that body jacked Obito or have something to do with Orochimaru... But he has memories that only Obito/Rin/Kakashi should know, so he has some connection to Obito, at least.

Is it though?
    Not that I don't see where you're coming from, I just don't see how something different would have much more of an impact. Rather, the fact that it's something we're already familiar with is interesting because it opens a connection we weren't previously aware of.
    Although, for people who are hardcore theorists and already dismissed such a connection as too obvious, I guess I could relate to their disappointment. But I'm not much of a heavy thinker, so it caught me by surprise Razz

I could believe something crazy like Orochimaru using Obito's body to hold the soul of someone such as the Rikudo Sage's elder son, but the question is why use Obito when there were other healthy Uchiha around at the time?
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Magic Man wrote:
    Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:

Is it though?
    Not that I don't see where you're coming from, I just don't see how something different would have much more of an impact. Rather, the fact that it's something we're already familiar with is interesting because it opens a connection we weren't previously aware of.
    Although, for people who are hardcore theorists and already dismissed such a connection as too obvious, I guess I could relate to their disappointment. But I'm not much of a heavy thinker, so it caught me by surprise Razz

I could believe something crazy like Orochimaru using Obito's body to hold the soul of someone such as the Rikudo Sage's elder son, but the question is why use Obito when there were other healthy Uchiha around at the time?

Welp I guess Kishimoto kind of answered your question in the most recent chapter being 601.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 am

So, people I've seen are saying Obito's backstory is really really sad, some going so far as to say even more tearjerking than Itachi's.

... Huh? Are we reading the same chapter? I didn't feel anything in the chapter. It barely got a chuckle out of me for how... Naruto he is, or rather was. It just wasn't sad to me.

Maybe that's cause I can't feel for assholes.
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Post by Magic Man Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, I think those people are saying what's to come will be sad, but it's true there's nothing to cry over yet.
    This chapter was very informational, though. Madara chose Obito because he can't move and has no other options and his eyes being gone pretty much confirm it was his eyes that were given to Nagato.
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Post by Magic Man Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Did anyone else catch that new chapter?
    That was more shocking than finding out Tobi's identity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am