Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Eyeshield 21

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Eyeshield 21 Empty Eyeshield 21

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Eyeshield 21 Vol_1_-_The_Boy_With_the_Golden_Legs

The plot of Eyeshield 21 revolves around a weak and non-assertive boy named Sena Kobayakawa who enters the high school of his choice, Deimon Private Senior High School, where his childhood friend Mamori Anezaki attended school the year before. His only remarkable physical abilities are his running speed and intense agility, the result of a school life spent complying with the demands of bullies. His abilities quickly catch the eye of the high school's American football team captain Yoichi Hiruma, who forces Sena to join the Deimon Devil Bats as its running back.

A sports anime/manga revolving around Football. Before you say "omg football ew", you should really give this a chance. I sat down and watched it because of the recommendation from a friend, and I was hooked. Not only that, but I actually learned the basics of the game, positions, etc.

There are 145 episodes, and 333 Chapters. The anime stops mid-point of the story with 3 major games to spare, while the manga finishes those.

A colorful cast in every team, and of course, Hiruma. You can find episodes of this on Crunchyroll. I recommend it for anyone who's interested in the sport, if anything.

Discuss~
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Eyeshield 21 Empty Re: Eyeshield 21

Post by Magic Man Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 pm

This is in my top 5 manga. Not only did it give me a greater appreciation of football, it made me more on edge than any manga. My heart wouldn't stop pounding towards the conclusion of the Christmas Bowl.
    Characters, action and comedy are all solid. I can recommend this o anyone in a heartbeat.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Magic Man wrote:My heart wouldn't stop pounding towards the conclusion of the Christmas Bowl.

"I'll bust the Emperor's guts."

ohmygodasdfghjkl;
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:03 am

Sadly, I've only seen the first couple of episodes, but I loved every second of them.
    BlindMonkey
    BlindMonkey
    Members
    Members

Rep : 2

Post by BlindMonkey Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Heheh.

This was my obsession for the longest time.

And I don't have this avi+Sig for nothing.

Hiruma is got to be my favorite anime character, ever.

EDIT: I also happen to be that friend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am