Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ashiok
J-Max
Serenade
7 posters

[Debate] Racial Humour

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

[Debate] Racial Humour Empty [Debate] Racial Humour

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Okay, so I would make this as long as my Adalia Rose debate but there isn't really much to state, but I'll put it as simple as possible for those of you with a lesser mind Wink

Basically I feel that Racial Humour isn't anything terrible so long as you don't take into extremes, such as all you do is use it, for example one of my old friends used to only make racist jokes, and a lot of the time they were pretty terrible jokes, but the issue I had was that he didn't have any other conversational skills other than racial jokes, and it kind of bugged me that someone as retarded as him would even think of saying these jokes out allowed to people who didn't give a shit, but still this moron decided to say it to someone who actually was a human rights protester, yeah I know, wrong f****** move, so then he had been sent to some course for reactivating his self moral code, stuff which he really didn't care about, anyway the point I was trying to make is complete off now.

What I'm trying to get across is that do you feel racial humour is that bad that people need to get butt-hurt about it and basically take things way too seriously, they way I see it is that, someone who laughs at a Racial Joke doesn't actually have to believe in the racial views, more just find it funny that some people do and the jokes themselves funny.

So what are your opinions faggots? (Rich coming from me)
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

[Debate] Racial Humour Empty Re: [Debate] Racial Humour

Post by J-Max Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

This is one of the primary reasons I cannot stand the Comedian Chris Rock. All of his so called Jokes are racist. For example, he often says the N word (rhymes with Trigger) after almost every unfunny joke. Also has a habit of insulting White People a lot too. Yeah, I know if you are insulting all races equally then how can it be racist? What a load of Bullshit........

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Indeed, sometimes they can be funny but others times they can just be ridiculously boring.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Personally I love a good racist joke once every now and then. Naturally any joke can be fine when used in moderation, and I'm slightly more used to it, growing up in a family where all my grandparents have some sort of racial distaste.

It's just a case of knowing when and when not to use it. When it's going to blatantly offend someone then it's best to just keep your mouth shut, but once every now and then is fine. Heck, I've cracked a few jokes about black people around black people and they've never been offended. All in the way you deliver it and the pretence to the joke though.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Also it depends on the person, for example I can joke with my friend who is Muslim about terrorism and whatever else, and he won't take offence to it, yet we have people who aren't Muslim and get butthurt about it.
    Smesh
    Smesh
    Members
    Members

Rep : 2

Post by Smesh Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

When I'm with my friends, we use racial humor all the time. Me being Mexican, I get the whole jumping fences and riding donkey things, but we'll be really evil sometimes.

There is really nothing wrong with it, and if you're talking with the right people, there really isn't an extreme. For example, I was talking to one of my Asian friends, and she said "Oh I see." which I replied with "No you don't, you're a chi*k." (I censored that because I don't know how bad of a word it is) she laughed and continued to make Mexican jokes.

It's even better because she's not Chinese, she's Filipino. xD
    cool story bro
    cool story bro
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 3

Post by cool story bro Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 pm

that sh*t goes, n*gga

No honestly, it depends on who you're doing it to and whether it's done in good measure. Some Black blokes in my homie circle constantly get the Black jokes, but they're fine with them jokes because they know they're jokes and I ain't meaning it. Once it becomes blatantly insulting and serious, I'm not game anymore though.

Btw Ash, those large sentence of yours were damn long really. I had trouble reading the thing without saying my name out loud many times lol.
    Light Yagami
    Light Yagami
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Light Yagami Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Racial humor can be funny at times, but just saying them too often, getting serious, or just glorifying it in a way is just getting to far. And I think it depends on what stereotypes you are referring at, as well as the current background or target. I get a lot of Asian stereotypical jokes, but I go with it very often.
    Red W Mage
    Red W Mage
    Members
    Members

Rep : -10

Post by Red W Mage Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:06 am

n***** for president
    Smesh
    Smesh
    Members
    Members