Relationships/Types/Orientation thread.

Dem the Dragophile
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 5

Re: Relationships/Types/Orientation thread.

Post by Dem the Dragophile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
    Dementuo wrote:I have the most awkward relationship with my sister.

That's super hot.
    .-.
    You're crazy, Koko.

Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Rod, no one wants an egotistical person. I guess that is how people see me as. At least some people say I'm outgoing.
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Striker wrote:Rod, no one wants an egotistical person. I guess that is how people see me as. At least some people say I'm outgoing.

>Chris has been in a relationship

First thing we gotta get rid from you is this lack of confidence and self esteem.

Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 pm

When it matters Striker, it doesn't matter what sort of person you are, you will be right for them, and they will be right for you. All the doubts shouldn't matter, but I know they do.

And no one wants an egotistical person? That is one of the biggest lies I have ever heard. One of my best friends is dating someone who makes Chris seem like a puppy. And also happens to be the msot self centrered person alive. So, you can't be to egotisical.

But love shouldn't be rushed or forced. Nor should you let it consume your life in its absence.

"Good thing I brought my Axe Cane"
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

I've almost constantly been rejected. Like, seriously, until Caeda I couldn't even seem to keep a friend for a year or more. IRL, no matter how many moves, I met maybe 1-2 nice people wherever I went, and ended up otherwise alone. I've lost/been rejected by best friends/other people extremely close to my heart 11 times.

As a coping mechanism, I dove into video games, books, tv, whatever I could get to distract me. Looking back, I even absorbed some of the traits of characters I liked or resonated with. After I had my heart broken right before 11th Grade, I started studying the topic of love, so that maybe the next time, it's wouldn't be a one-sided care. I also became active on YCM at that same time. Time moved on, I had multiple close friends between R.P.820 and other places. How many of those are still friends or around at all? 3, maybe 4 or 5 if I stretch it. But from R.P.820 itself, which is my biggest claim to fame on YCM? 0. Powerforce? 2. Orgy XIII? 1. Elsewhere? Maybe 1 or 2.

The point of this is that don't get depressed over rejection and such. There is someone for everyone. I mean, I was serious forever alone guy. You can ask Lily, I was a very sad person overall, clingy, and people often saw me as annoying I'm sure. There was nothing appealing about me, except I cared about Caeda when she felt no one else did.

Relationships aren't about that tingly feeling you get, though that leads into love. It's not the butterflies, or the physical aspect alone. It's about devotion, care, companionship. It's about being a friend to your other, while still being more. Caeda and I can be lovey dovey, but, most of the time, we just laugh and play games and other things of the sort. That's what it's about. So stop just looking to be in a relationship, and look to forge friendships.

There is someone for everyone. It may not look like it, but there is. And you will share things you never thought you would be able to. Don't expect it soon or late. Just expect it and wait patiently. It's all you CAN do.

Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Well said Black.

It's all about truth and importance, Striker. I didn't freak out about the absence of someone in my life before the current one because I knew that if I was patient, the right person would show up.

Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Post by Serenade on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

LOL I'M A PIMP COMPARED TO MOS*shot*

You should find someone who you can share ideals with like, I dunno someone who likes Card Games?

"Stop right there criminal scum, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence, Your stolen goods are now forfeit"
    CADEAUX
    Dem the Dragophile
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dem the Dragophile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Serenade wrote:LOL I'M A PIMP COMPARED TO MOS*shot*

You should find someone who you can share ideals with like, I dunno someone who likes Card Games?
    A girl playing card games? Blasphemy! *shot*

Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Post by Serenade on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Eh, their are a bunch of female members on YCM, Surprised 'Dat Word, not suggesting that he should look into getting a girlfriend from YCM but it just shows their are some girls out there.

Or possibly a Female Gamer.

"Stop right there criminal scum, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence, Your stolen goods are now forfeit"
    CADEAUX
    EliminateHRN
    Members
    Members

Rep : 1

Post by EliminateHRN on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

I just want to throw my 2 cents in here.

I recently got out of a long distance relationship with a girl who lies in Ireland (yes, she was Irish). My sister and her added each other on Facebook and quickly became friends. Anyway, my sister introduced us to each other and we became friends (this was around the start of the year). Anyway, around mid to late June, during a Skype call, she confessed to my sister she had a crush on me. I got to know her even more after that (thanks to my sister) and a week or two after that, I also developed a crush on her and asked her to my girlfriend, which she accepted.

Anyway, we were in a relationship for a couple of weeks and I fell in love with her; I'm 95% sure she also loved or was close to loving me at some point during the relationship due to some stuff she told me. I probably shouldn't have fell in love during a long distance relationship, but I just couldn't help it, she was like the perfect girl. She was beautiful, she made me laugh whenever we talked in messages or called each other on Skype, I could trust her (which is hard for me since I have major trust issues), and she was caring, not just to me, but anyone who had a problem. I remember one night at like nine or ten o'clock my parents started arguing and instead of going to bed, she stayed up with me and my sister to help us get though the argument despite our protests she should go to bed (remember, I live in Georgia (USA) and she lives in Ireland, that's a five hour difference). I'm pretty sure that was the night I fell in love with her. However, after a couple of weeks, we broke up. I still love her with all my heart and I have been depressed about it, but we are still good friends and, surprisingly, it has helped me a ton more than you think it would. Hell, the longer we go without talking, the more depressed I get it.

But I just wanted to say, that relationship taught me something about other relationships. I was someone who always thought that you had to be a "man" to be in a relationship and had to be all lovey-dovey. However, that relationship taught me it can be the total opposite. I'm not a "man" and in reality, I;m very shy and goofy and I joke around a lot. And according to my ex, that's one of the reasons she developed a crush on me because I am shy and I am a joker and she thought it was cute. Also, when we were in a relationship, we weren't lovey-dovey or anything like that. We were just friends that happened to be together. Never once during the relationship, did one of us say I love you to the other; that's actually one of my biggest regrets during the relationship was never telling her I loved her and if I had a do-over, I would make damn sure she knew I loved her. Anyway, I'll get to the point. I wasn't looking for a relationship, I was going to wait until I had a stable job or something like that until I even looked for one. However, I happened to get a girlfriend by just being myself. I guess I'm trying to say, don't go looking for a relationship and just be yourself. If you don't have confidence, well neither do I so I really can't help you there. There's someone out there for everyone, even if you don't think so. Just be patient, eventually you will get a relationship.

I'm sorry, I started rambling. I'm sure most of my post makes no sense whatsoever. However, I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say.

Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Making friends isn't my strong suit. I barely open up to people. Honestly, most people hang out with me for the things I do. I think I appear to self-centered and stubborn to people.
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:09 pm

EliminateHRN wrote:I just want to throw my 2 cents in here.

I recently got out of a long distance relationship with a girl who lies in Ireland (yes, she was Irish). My sister and her added each other on Facebook and quickly became friends. Anyway, my sister introduced us to each other and we became friends (this was around the start of the year). Anyway, around mid to late June, during a Skype call, she confessed to my sister she had a crush on me. I got to know her even more after that (thanks to my sister) and a week or two after that, I also developed a crush on her and asked her to my girlfriend, which she accepted.

Anyway, we were in a relationship for a couple of weeks and I fell in love with her; I'm 95% sure she also loved or was close to loving me at some point during the relationship due to some stuff she told me. I probably shouldn't have fell in love during a long distance relationship, but I just couldn't help it, she was like the perfect girl. She was beautiful, she made me laugh whenever we talked in messages or called each other on Skype, I could trust her (which is hard for me since I have major trust issues), and she was caring, not just to me, but anyone who had a problem. I remember one night at like nine or ten o'clock my parents started arguing and instead of going to bed, she stayed up with me and my sister to help us get though the argument despite our protests she should go to bed (remember, I live in Georgia (USA) and she lives in Ireland, that's a five hour difference). I'm pretty sure that was the night I fell in love with her. However, after a couple of weeks, we broke up. I still love her with all my heart and I have been depressed about it, but we are still good friends and, surprisingly, it has helped me a ton more than you think it would. Hell, the longer we go without talking, the more depressed I get it.

But I just wanted to say, that relationship taught me something about other relationships. I was someone who always thought that you had to be a "man" to be in a relationship and had to be all lovey-dovey. However, that relationship taught me it can be the total opposite. I'm not a "man" and in reality, I;m very shy and goofy and I joke around a lot. And according to my ex, that's one of the reasons she developed a crush on me because I am shy and I am a joker and she thought it was cute. Also, when we were in a relationship, we weren't lovey-dovey or anything like that. We were just friends that happened to be together. Never once during the relationship, did one of us say I love you to the other; that's actually one of my biggest regrets during the relationship was never telling her I loved her and if I had a do-over, I would make damn sure she knew I loved her. Anyway, I'll get to the point. I wasn't looking for a relationship, I was going to wait until I had a stable job or something like that until I even looked for one. However, I happened to get a girlfriend by just being myself. I guess I'm trying to say, don't go looking for a relationship and just be yourself. If you don't have confidence, well neither do I so I really can't help you there. There's someone out there for everyone, even if you don't think so. Just be patient, eventually you will get a relationship.

I'm sorry, I started rambling. I'm sure most of my post makes no sense whatsoever. However, I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say.

Is that you Avian?

It feels good to open up. And it made sense don't worry about it.

The things we could do if we could go back... Just dont let those regrets eat at you. It doesn't end well.

EliminateHRN
    Members
    Members

Post by EliminateHRN on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 pm

HiveNet wrote:
    EliminateHRN wrote:I just want to throw my 2 cents in here.

Is that you Avian?

It feels good to open up. And it made sense don't worry about it.

The things we could do if we could go back... Just dont let those regrets eat at you. It doesn't end well.

Yes, it's me Avian. I remember our conversation that one night. Smile

Yes, it does feel good to open up. This past month and a half, I have opened up more than I have ever opened up before. I'm just not very good at explaining my feelings since I usually keep them inside or I write them down on paper. xD

It's not eating at me, I just regret that one thing. Even though I still have feelings for her and still wish I had her, I'm fine with just being friends with her. I don't want to lose her as a friend either.

HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:26 pm

I want to be more than friends with my ex... But I don't want to risk losing my friendship with her either... :/

EliminateHRN
    Members
    Members

Post by EliminateHRN on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm

HiveNet wrote:I want to be more than friends with my ex... But I don't want to risk losing my friendship with her either... :/

I feel the same way. I still have such strong feelings for her and I want more than just friendship, but I don't want to lose that friendship either. So...join the club, dude.

Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Striker wrote:Making friends isn't my strong suit. I barely open up to people. Honestly, most people hang out with me for the things I do. I think I appear to self-centered and stubborn to people.
    Making friends isn't my strong suit. At all.

Don't make excuses. I know making friends isn't the easiest thing, but that doesnt mean you should just count yourself out =T

Members

Rep : 4

Post by Kanade Otonashi on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:... There's a reason I have a reputation as YCM's Maes Hughes, you know xD

Well... Shy, sweet, caring, loving, doting, understanding, helpful, loyal, devoted, protective, cute, beautiful, constantly there for me, shares quite a few of my interests, patient, my best friend, and so, so much more. She's... perfect, for me.

What he doesn't realize is that every single one of those applies to him too.

Moreso honestly. A lot moreso...
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm

I guess your right, Black. I think I've said this a lot, but I have a hard time showng who I really am. I may feel ashamed or something.
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Was in a few unofficial relationships, but those were grade school, so they barely count.

Right now, I'm in an online relationship with the most wonderful woman to ever live. Come the f*** at me haters, online dating works.

We've been officially dating for an entire year. When we first met, I was childish and simply thought of her as that popular girl every loved and I wanted to know as well. Something just... clicked. My Sibling Complex kicked in and I started referring to her as my older sister. We became best friends pretty quickly and talked for hours on end.

Things went on and on, and I became extremely fond of her. To the point of not letting go.

After knowing her for a few months, someone brought up us dating. She was confused, and so was I. Neither of us had entirely considered it until that push. But honestly, I'm glad I can say that I'm one of those people who found love without pushing it by asking them out early in the relationship. It just flowed that way. Not like some one-night stand prom date, but something I want to believe in forever.

Right now, her Wi-Fi is super awks and she isn't as active as she used to be, which saddens me. I'm the type of person who lacks faith and has lost hope in many things. But her... she gives me a reason to actually have belief in a light, which is why I hope to see her online as much as she was in the past some day soon, so we can do more things together that we couldn't.

I'm gushy, f*** you guys.

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Queen wrote:Was in a few unofficial relationships, but those were grade school, so they barely count.

Right now, I'm in an online relationship with the most wonderful woman to ever live. Come the f*** at me haters, online dating works.

We've been officially dating for an entire year. When we first met, I was childish and simply thought of her as that popular girl every loved and I wanted to know as well. Something just... clicked. My Sibling Complex kicked in and I started referring to her as my older sister. We became best friends pretty quickly and talked for hours on end.

Things went on and on, and I became extremely fond of her. To the point of not letting go.

After knowing her for a few months, someone brought up us dating. She was confused, and so was I. Neither of us had entirely considered it until that push. But honestly, I'm glad I can say that I'm one of those people who found love without pushing it by asking them out early in the relationship. It just flowed that way. Not like some one-night stand prom date, but something I want to believe in forever.

Right now, her Wi-Fi is super awks and she isn't as active as she used to be, which saddens me. I'm the type of person who lacks faith and has lost hope in many things. But her... she gives me a reason to actually have belief in a light, which is why I hope to see her online as much as she was in the past some day soon, so we can do more things together that we couldn't.

I'm gushy, f*** you guys.
    That is sooo incredibly cute, Cherry.
    Congrats for you too and hopefully she is more active soon.
    That is extremely cute read and I feel tingly now! Very Happy

Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Zeo, is it Clair? If I remember correctly, you thought of her as your sis.
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Striker wrote:Zeo, is it Clair? If I remember correctly, you thought of her as your sis.

Yes it's Clair.
    Then you begin to wonder why I get so piss angry when I see everyone on YCM talking about how they would date her in the date thread and whatnot.

I'm a bit of the jealous type.
    A bit.
    yeah a bit

"You can't pay back what you owe with money!!"

Dem the Dragophile
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dem the Dragophile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Queen wrote:
    Striker wrote:Zeo, is it Clair? If I remember correctly, you thought of her as your sis.

Yes it's Clair.
    Then you begin to wonder why I get so piss angry when I see everyone on YCM talking about how they would date her in the date thread and whatnot.

I'm a bit of the jealous type.
    A bit.
    yeah a bit
    Saw this coming from a mile and five months away.

Experienced Member

Post by Striker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Zeo, have you met or heard of Sweet Lightning?
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm

*cough*a lot*cough*

"It's easy to believe you're a god when you're twice as powerful as everyone else."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm