Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Yuzuru Otonashi
Kyng
Welche
Kokonoe
Luna Ori
Johnny
Light Yagami
Raine
Slender Thar
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Shard
Rodrigo
Dog King
Serenade
J-Max
Dae of Judgment
Jordan, Lich Lord
Striker
23 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:America's flopped from what it used to be economically anyway.

Honestly it's only kept its status because of how large the country is.

Man, there used to be a day where 50% of the world had been conquered by an island.

And I still wish my country was conquered by this same island...
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 20 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 pm

The UK's ain't perfect, but it's in a better condition than America's. If the dumbass Scottish break away from us though, they're fucked.

Oh and I got my exam results back today, after not being in school for most of the year due to medical problems... How the f*** did I pass geography and fail everything else when it's the subject I don't even want to take again?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:The UK's ain't perfect, but it's in a better condition than America's. If the dumbass Scottish break away from us though, they're fucked.

Oh and I got my exam results back today, after not being in school for most of the year due to medical problems... How the f*** did I pass geography and fail everything else when it's the subject I don't even want to take again?

How the f*** did you fail everything? I mean, that isn't a problem? O_O
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Math is usualy my biggest problem in school. Why the Heck would I ever need to know the vaule of X for Y blah blah blah outside of school?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Math is usualy my biggest problem in school. Why the Heck would I ever need to know the vaule of X for Y blah blah blah outside of school?

I prefer to think of those calculations as exercises for the mind's thought process.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Thinking back over it's not math I hate it's algerbra.

When do we ever use it outside of school again?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:36 pm

It's a huge problem.

I have to resit the year, basically, but in all fairness it could be a lot worse.

I need the qualifications, so I don't have any choice in the matter. But I've been looking over everything today and honestly it sounds worse than it could be. I'll be in school while hopefully working towards a powered gliding instructor's license, and after all that's done then I can apply for a commercial pilot's license and work towards that over a year or so, then I'll be done by around 20-21. Doesn't seem too scary when I actually take into account how short an amount of time that is compared to my whole life.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 11
    Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Thinking back over it's not math I hate it's algerbra.

When you do anything that makes more than minimum or prostitution. Truth it, algebra is more a stepping stone. Minor problems irl can usually be solved without writing them down however you need it to solve the practical applications of geometry, trig, and calculus. Everything on this planet made my man, from that chair you're in to the keyboard you're typing in has been the product and direct creation of math.

Now, you can ignore that, but that would be kind of stupid. Math governs the world, you should at least know a bit how it works. You don't have to aspire to be an engineer like myself but roads, coffeemakers, guns, clothes, etc. Ignorance and lack of repect for the fields of science are why America is below some 3rd world counties educational standing.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Raine wrote:
    Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Thinking back over it's not math I hate it's algerbra.

When you do anything that makes more than minimum or prostitution. Truth it, algebra is more a stepping stone. Minor problems irl can usually be solved without writing them down however you need it to solve the practical applications of geometry, trig, and calculus. Everything on this planet made my man, from that chair you're in to the keyboard you're typing in has been the product and direct creation of math.

Now, you can ignore that, but that would be kind of stupid. Math governs the world, you should at least know a bit how it works. You don't have to aspire to be an engineer like myself but roads, coffeemakers, guns, clothes, etc. Ignorance and lack of repect for the fields of science are why America is below some 3rd world counties educational standing.

Yeah I know im just whinning because I dont like it very much.

If we didnt have it we would be very behind as a culture...doesnt me I dont hate learning it though.

Mostly because it cuts into my time to read.

Last edited by Jordan-The Manamancer on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I reckon that we should stop getting butt-hurt about everything and get over it, like, everything.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Serenade wrote:I reckon that we should stop getting butt-hurt about everything and get over it, like, everything.

*cough*ycmdrama*cough*

Some things we see in school are redundant, I agree, but it doesn't mean it's not important as a whole.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't understand why Science in the UK is a compulsory subject in schools and ICT isn't.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I wish they would teach us more about other cultures history. We've been learning American history for 8 years now Im pretty sure we've got it down pat. I wanna know The history about the UK and Russia and the greeks and romans.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm sure that most Americans will be butthurt to learn about how the English owned America, I'm just being honest here though, as far as I know, most Americans I have met/spoke to have been jackasses.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Serenade wrote:I'm sure that most Americans will be butthurt to learn about how the English owned America, I'm just being honest here though, as far as I know, most Americans I have met/spoke to have been jackasses.

Im not one of those people Smile I understand that the past is in the past and that America was a realy small and powerless country for a while..

Heck it took World War 2 to jump us out a Depression.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

>WW2
    >Everyone fights for a while
    >Bunch of deaths on both sides
    >Everyone begins getting tired
    >America comes along and steals the victory from everyone

No?
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:I wish they would teach us more about other cultures history. We've been learning American history for 8 years now Im pretty sure we've got it down pat. I wanna know The history about the UK and Russia and the greeks and romans.

Yes, that's the attitude more people need. I despise most American history or, more accurately, the hype American schools stress on it. I love both Arabic and pre-Soviet Russian history, I've been infatuated with Maximilian Robespierre since I first heard of the French Revolution, corruption of good will through power. The brilliance and mystery surrounding China's Mandate of Heaven and (mosy likely) fictional 5 Emporers and Xia.

There's a lot of awesome stuff in history that we shouldn't be forced to ignore because a Country wants patriots.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Serenade wrote:>WW2

No?

Seems legit, don't forget us nuking a defeated country.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

No?

Sounds about right except for Japan. From what I take they were kind of dominating there little section of the world wernt they?
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:

No?

Sounds about right except for Japan. From what I take they were kind of dominating there little section of the world wernt they?

Well, once they wanted Australia as well as mainland China and Korea little part of the world became a problem but details...
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Serenade wrote:I don't understand why Science in the UK is a compulsory subject in schools and ICT isn't.

I'm actually curious as to where ICT isn't compulsory.

It was compulsory for me all the way up until the end of GCSEs.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Serenade wrote:I don't understand why Science in the UK is a compulsory subject in schools and ICT isn't.

I'm actually curious as to where ICT isn't compulsory.

It was compulsory for me all the way up until the end of GCSEs.

Don't lie to us, we all know you're learning magic not science.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 pm

From what I've learnt so far from my course Japan was constantly having more soldiers in-putted into the army for a 5:1 ratio so for example.

For every 10 men, over the year of war 50 more men were drafted into the army.

You dropped a Nuke and caused world outrage over time.

Indeed it doesn't make sense.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Serenade wrote:From what I've learnt so far from my course Japan was constantly having more soldiers in-putted into the army for a 5:1 ratio so for example.

For every 10 men, over the year of war 50 more men were drafted into the army.

You dropped a Nuke and caused world outrage over time.

Indeed it doesn't make sense.

We had pushed Japan all the way to their home territory, and we had a new toy... it would have been nice to have it earlier but we WERE NOT walking out of there without playing with that toy. ...turns out Soviets asked for the same thing on their Christmas list the two years later.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

It was better than sending soldiers to Japan and them losing there lives. We were at war, we only cared about our troops living. It's sad that Japan suffered for a long time because of it but they did preform a lot of gruesome acts durring their time in the war,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm