Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A Certain Magical Index

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

A Certain Magical Index Empty A Certain Magical Index

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 pm

"I'm not pretending to be a hero. I will become one!"
    Touma Kamijou

A Certain Magical Index

Touma Kamijou is just an extremely-unlucky Ordinary High School Student living in Academy City, a state-of-the-art city dedicated to the study of people with esper powers. He does, however, possess a not-so-ordinary power to dispel any esper powers and any magic (according to Index, also his own luck) with his right hand. His ordinary, if not unlucky, existence in Academy City is shattered when a girl dressed like a nun ends up on his balcony window, claiming to be on the run from magicians trying to kidnap her and claim the 103,000 forbidden grimoires that she possesses. Because of the girl called the Index Librorum Prohibitorum, he gets dragged into a world completely different from the scientific lifestyle of Academy City — the world of Magic.

Due to a combination of his terrible luck and the strange power of his right hand, he attracts the attention of both the Magic and Science factions, getting him dragged deeper and deeper into a secret conflict between the two sides. Along the way, he meets several other people, magicians and espers alike, unwittingly forming a combination of allies from both sides which just might tip the scales of conflict.

Toaru Majutsu no Index is adapted by JC Staff from a series of Light Novels. The first half of the story has been completed at 22 novels and two short story volumes, and the second half is continuing under the title "New Testament". Several other short story volumes have been released, focusing on side characters which didn't get much spotlight in the original.

A spin-off manga entitled A Certain Scientific Railgun and a corresponding anime adaptation has been released, centering on Academy City's 3rd Level 5, Mikoto Misaka, and the daily life in Academy City.

A certain Fan Translation project for the light novels can be found hereA Certain Magical Index External_link. The entire first half of the story and four other short story volumes have been fully translated, and translation of the "New Testament" series is currently ongoing.

A CertainA Certain Magical Index External_link Wiki may help in understanding various terminologies and powers that may appear here on this wiki.

The anime's first season has been licensed by FUNimation entertainment, along with A Certain Scientific Railgun. They've begun releasing the show subbed on their YouTube channel, but word on a dub is not yet known.

A movie has been announced, but only few details are available about it.

I havn't watch it yet but from the few scenes I found around youtube it look kind of cool. IT seems funny in some parts and then it's got some pretty awsome looking fight scenes.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 13

A Certain Magical Index Empty Re: A Certain Magical Index

Post by Dawn Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm

My third favorite anime Surprised

Yet another movie that looks awesome, I wish movies could be faster to be subbed, but they have to be blue-ray which is always months after the theaters.

Endymion: the space elevator of Academy City. On the day of its anticipated completion, Touma and Index encounter Alisa Meigo, a Level 0 girl. Index and Alisa become friends through the inscrutable bond of "ravenous eating". The three were hanging around after school, when suddenly Stiyl and another magic-side being come assaulting them, their target being Alisa. Why is Alisa, who is also on the magic side, being targeted? Having encountered a full-throttle attack from the magic side, Academy City enacts the deployment of the discipline maintenance squad led by the female leader, Shut-Aura. As the turmoil surrounding Touma, Index, and Alisa continues to worsen, Stiyl says, "That girl there may just cause war between the magic side and the science side." When magic and science cross paths, at Endymion the story unfolds!
    The synopsis, so we'll have more about it like the rest of the anime rather than just "but only few details are available about it.". Razz
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Dawn wrote:My third favorite anime Surprised

Yet another movie that looks awesome, I wish movies could be faster to be subbed, but they have to be blue-ray which is always months after the theaters.

Endymion: the space elevator of Academy City. On the day of its anticipated completion, Touma and Index encounter Alisa Meigo, a Level 0 girl. Index and Alisa become friends through the inscrutable bond of "ravenous eating". The three were hanging around after school, when suddenly Stiyl and another magic-side being come assaulting them, their target being Alisa. Why is Alisa, who is also on the magic side, being targeted? Having encountered a full-throttle attack from the magic side, Academy City enacts the deployment of the discipline maintenance squad led by the female leader, Shut-Aura. As the turmoil surrounding Touma, Index, and Alisa continues to worsen, Stiyl says, "That girl there may just cause war between the magic side and the science side." When magic and science cross paths, at Endymion the story unfolds!
    The synopsis, so we'll have more about it like the rest of the anime rather than just "but only few details are available about it.". Razz

Another moive? and this time I havn't even watched the series.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

It's right there on that quote from TV tropes. Razz
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Im watching the first episode on funimation right now. It's pretty good.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Yes it is.

Misaka is <3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Dawn wrote:Yes it is.

Misaka is <3

I like "Zappy" already Smile
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 16

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:27 am

Awesome show, but it would be even better without the annoying headcrab nun. Also, I'm still waiting for an Accelerator spin-off ;-;
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 am

HSektor wrote:Awesome show, but it would be even better without the annoying headcrab nun. Also, I'm still waiting for an Accelerator spin-off ;-;

Accelartor is the guy in the opening who looks insane right?
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 pm

HSektor wrote:Awesome show, but it would be even better without the annoying headcrab nun. Also, I'm still waiting for an Accelerator spin-off ;-;
    I know she is bound to be annoying to some people since she is annoying to Touma (mostly), but I didn't find any of the named nuns to actually be annoying. Sad (In fact, I don't know why, but some of the other ones come closer to it for me)

Also, if you didn't read the manga, I'm told Accelerator also appears in Railgun, but he really should have his own spin-off.
    Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:

Accelartor is the guy in the opening who looks insane right?
    No.

Spoiler:
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Dawn wrote:I know she is bound to be annoying to some people since she is annoying to Touma (mostly), but I didn't find any of the named nuns to actually be annoying. Sad (In fact, I don't know why, but some of the other ones come closer to it for me)

Also, if you didn't read the manga, I'm told Accelerator also appears in Railgun, but he really should have his own spin-off.

The only annoying nun is Index. Orsola is adorable. Lucia and Angelene are awesome. Agnese...HNNNGGG. But Index is just "TOUMA, INDEX HUNGRY *bites head* HUUUR DUUR"
    It gets old after...you know...2 seasons...

HSektor wrote:Accelartor is the guy in the opening who looks insane right?
    Spoiler:
    Maybe.

Last edited by HSektor on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm

You can judge that for yourself, thank you. I have specifically been saying things like for me, to me, imo, and the like, but it's much worse, and much more annoying when you continue to spout your opinion like it is fact. This is all I have to say on the matter because I'm sick of people saying things like that over and over again when they should know that things like this are not up to someone choosing what is and what is not fact. It may be the first time I did hear you say such things, but I have heard such things far too often and it is simply not up to you, nor something that can ever be considered fact. She is made for certain people, that is not you, and if the author did not think that she would have been likable at all, she would not have been made. Or, considering the name of the series, have been given a different personality.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

So far I like Index. It seems like she'll provide some tension breaking comedy durring dramatic moments that are boundd to come up. (Or at least im guessing, these people dont exactly look friendly)
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Dawn wrote:You can judge that for yourself, thank you. I have specifically been saying things like for me, to me, imo, and the like, but it's much worse, and much more annoying when you continue to spout your opinion like it is fact. This is all I have to say on the matter because I'm sick of people saying things like that over and over again when they should know that things like this are not up to someone choosing what is and what is not fact. It may be the first time I did hear you say such things, but I have heard such things far too often and it is simply not up to you, nor something that can ever be considered fact. She is made for certain people, that is not you, and if the author did not think that she would have been likable at all, she would not have been made. Or, considering the name of the series, have been given a different personality.

woah, woah, easy there buddy. I'm just annoyed about how the character acts. If you like her or not, that's not something that I can argue.with. I respect you, if you like the character, I just can't respect the character itself..
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I suppose it was a little lot too much. ^^;;;

Um, just gonna put it out there but that image doesn't work, and I've seen that happen a lot so, it would be good to let you know if you haven't already seen. (the one on your previous post).
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Dawn wrote:I suppose it was a little lot too much. ^^;;;

Um, just gonna put it out there but that image doesn't work, and I've seen that happen a lot so, it would be good to let you know if you haven't already seen. (the one on your previous post).

I cant believe I forgot to say that. The image says somethingabout no linking.
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Damn zerochan, fix'd.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 pm

HSektor wrote:Damn zerochan, fix'd.

Holy crap that is a freaky image Shocked
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:
    HSektor wrote:Damn zerochan, fix'd.

Holy crap that is a freaky image Shocked

He loses his shit every once in a while...and that's why I want him to have his own spin-off. Insanity and creepy faces all day along.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm